Watford Warning - From Argus

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the right footed denilson said:
Jarrett, Knight and CKR.

Might it not be that MM just cannot handle certain players?

Just because a player thinks highly of himself it doesn't make him either a bad player or a liability to the team.

Quite.

That Henry is well shit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Rubbish. Jarrett was/is his own worst enemy. He was given every chance and he blew it. His high level of skill, at times, is undeniable. His attitude, however, sucks. He had this problem at Wimbledon, and he hasn't shaken it off here.

In your humble opinion or is that based on facts?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Trigger said:
I always thought it was the players that were supposed to take parting shots at managers when they leave?... FFS McGhee GROW UP!

:nono:

What he said.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mouldy Boots said:
The only reason i would hate a manager of Brighton and Hove Albion was if

We hardly managed a win during a full season.
Made repeatedly bad substituitions
He publicly humiliated players to the Media.
Freeze out what i percieve to be our no1 keeper at a crucial stage of our season.
Made excuse after excuse and still be left with him in charge.
Some of these are merely your opinion, which you have now become blind to. Still, if you hate the manager, that's your problem, not his.

Mouldy Boots said:
He does not want to be the Albion manager and will be gone like a shot if anyone comes calling,like i said "if".
That's very funny in a sad sort of destitute way. Considering the fact you feel the manager is so utterly shit, your volte-face believing that some bigger club sees his potential worth and will come piling in for him, leavnig us high and dry can only lead me to believe you have become a very confused person.

Mouldy Boots said:
People like yourself who feels he has not put a foot wrong should wake up and get your head out of his backside.
Is there anyone out there who feels he has done no wrong? I wish I could drink some of their liquid optimism - that would be just super.

Mouldy Boots said:
If the MM in gang keep starting threads about him they are going to get opinions so can i suggest if they feel they feel everthing is so rosy they should not post these threads.
Ah, so you wish to be devisive in your support for the club? Those horrible people who like and support the manager, and those hardy souls who feel hurt, upset and a little angered by the manager. I'm glad that's clear.

Mouldy Boots said:
Saying all that i said i would not be allowed to be dragged back into these discussions and will from today not mention my feelings on the man untill he has left or been sacked.
Thank f*** for that.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Unnecesary from MM IMHO.

It didn't work out for Jarrett here so good luck to him, looks like he's going to sign for Watford which is great for the lad.

Does MM really need to give Watford a 'I wouldn't if I was you" message to Watford through the press? Would he prefer jarrett's career to be over?!

I'm sure Boothroyd is taking it all on board

:shootself

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A Brighton reserve is going to the Premiership. Hmmm. I wonder if Brighton fans would like an explanation? McGhee tells us why Albert was not considered good enough here. Cheers Mark, good to know. f***ing hell what a drama. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jarrett's going to be about half as effective as Paul Brooker was in the Premiership....if he's lucky

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All a bit unnecessary from McGhee. Its no secret why Jarrett never made it here - McGhee simply didn't rate him. Fair enough. What other explanation is needed ? Someone else is giving him another chance, and yes it IS surprising that its a Premiership club, but thats not really a reason to send him packing with a "just wait and you'll see how shit he is" type remark.

As I say, just seems a bit pointless and unnecessary to me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
All a bit unnecessary from McGhee. Its no secret why Jarrett never made it here - McGhee simply didn't rate him. Fair enough. What other explanation is needed ? Someone else is giving him another chance, and yes it IS surprising that its a Premiership club, but thats not really a reason to send him packing with a "just wait and you'll see how shit he is" type remark.

As I say, just seems a bit pointless and unnecessary to me.
I still don't think McGhee's statement is about Jarrett's quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the face of it, when a League 1 outcast is snapped up by a Premiership club on a free it appears the League 1 club might have f***ed up, hence McGhee feels the need to clarify his decision to let Jarrett go.

Similarly, the fact McGhee has left out last season's top scorer for the first 3 matches seems odd, hence McGhee feels the need to clarify his reasoning.

I can perfectly understand where McGhee is coming from, but in both cases he's been perhaps a little too frank in detailing the shortcomings of both players, and I can also see why so many players fall out with him.

This article sums up McGhee in a nutshell. Logical, passionate but, ultimately, undiplomatic.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Large One said:
I still don't think McGhee's statement is about Jarrett's quality.

Agree, he says he's quick and can his a good left foot cross? Surely thats praising Albert!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dies Irae said:
In your humble opinion or is that based on facts?

Its facts Dave, certainly from what I've heard (and its my usual reliable source) 'apparently' Jarrett was just another wanabee who liked the money and all that went with it, but could not be arsed putting any work in whatsover, if he wasnt a footballer its unlikely his life would amount to much (harsh, but just passing on verbatim what I heard).

I've always spoken out against McGhee and tactics etc etc, but more and more I am hearing stories about certain individuals that thank f*** have moved on, that quite frankly just make you cringe, would Mickey, Taylor or Coppel have made any difference to a fuckwit (not Jarrett) that one day turned up with massive earphones on at training, and threatened to go home when asked to take them off ??

McGhee cannot win with these fools who think they are untouchable to dicipline, and who are basically laughing at the supporters who pay their wages.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pavilionaire said:
On the face of it, when a League 1 outcast is snapped up by a Premiership club on a free it appears the League 1 club might have f***ed up, hence McGhee feels the need to clarify his decision to let Jarrett go.

Similarly, the fact McGhee has left out last season's top scorer for the first 3 matches seems odd, hence McGhee feels the need to clarify his reasoning.

I can perfectly understand where McGhee is coming from, but in both cases he's been perhaps a little too frank in detailing the shortcomings of both players, and I can also see why so many players fall out with him.

This article sums up McGhee in a nutshell. Logical, passionate but, ultimately, undiplomatic.
Good shout. :clap:

Rougvie said:
Its facts Dave, certainly from what I've heard (and its my usual reliable source) 'apparently' Jarrett was just another wanabee who liked the money and all that went with it, but could not be arsed putting any work in whatsover, if he wasnt a footballer its unlikely his life would amount to much (harsh, but just passing on verbatim what I heard).

I've always spoken out against McGhee and tactics etc etc, but more and more I am hearing stories about certain individuals that thank f*** have moved on, that quite frankly just make you cringe, would Mickey, Taylor or Coppel have made any difference to a fuckwit (not Jarrett) that one day turned up with massive earphones on at training, and threatened to go home when asked to take them off ??

McGhee cannot win with these fools who think they are untouchable to dicipline, and who are basically laughing at the supporters who pay their wages.

:clap:

and :lolol: for the earphones anecdote

Pavilionaire said:
but in both cases he's been perhaps a little too frank in detailing the shortcomings of both players

Again, I can't believe this is the same Argus article people are talking about here! :lol:

He said next to nothing about Jarrett's shortcomings, except he never showed his talent after impressing on trial. That's all he said!

And on CKR, just a couple of remarks about getting his head right to play for us, what's so terrible about that! Everyone knows he's put in a transfer request and his mind is not focused on playing 100 per cent for us!

It's incredible that people are still so keen to twist McGhee's words after 7pts in 3 games. Jeez, what nonsense would be on here if we'd have had a poor start to the season!

D

Deleted member 2719

The Large One said:

Thank f*** for that.

It's people such as yourself will make me retract my last statement so ...........................

:shutup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here