Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sport
Jarrett move is a gamble

by Andy Naylor

ALBION manager Mark McGhee warned Watford today that Albert Jarrett could flatter to deceive after earning a dream move to the Premiership.

The enigmatic young winger is moving from the Seagulls to the Premiership newcomers on a free transfer following a trial at Vicarage Road.

It is an extraordinary break for Jarrett, a peripheral figure for most of his time at Albion, but McGhee said: "It doesn't surprise me.

"If he has gone up there and done the same thing he did when he was here for the first couple of weeks then he probably impressed. It will be in the longer term. Maybe with what happened to him here the penny will drop.

"They are taking him for exactly the same reasons we did. When he came here for the first couple of weeks on trial he looked as if he had something really different.

"He's got that explosive pace, he can cross a ball with his left foot.

"They've taken him up there and seen the same thing but we've never seen it since really from Albert. That's why we're not going to wait any longer."

Unsettled striker Colin Kazim-Richards will have to convince McGhee this week he is in the right frame of mind to earn a recall to the squad for Saturday's trip to Nottingham Forest.

Kazim-Richards, who had a transfer request rejected last week, was left out for the second game running as Albion squandered an early two-goal cushion against Brentford at Withdean on Saturday.

McGhee said: "Until we're convinced that Colin's head is sorted and that Colin is with us then he won't be on the bench.

"We will be talking to him again this week and trying to turn his head to believing that he should be here

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
[McGhee said: "Until we're convinced that Colin's head is sorted and that Colin is with us then he won't be on the bench.

[/B]

I don't think it's right to say that in public. Makes it sound like CKR's cracked up a bit!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Watford Warning - From Argus

Timbo said:
I don't think it's right to say that in public. Makes it sound like CKR's cracked up a bit!
I think it's fair enough. He's got too big for his boots.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Watford Warning - From Argus

Timbo said:

Not at all.He is keeping the fans up to date.He can't win.Another pop at his man management skills i see

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think MM was right to say it. We all know it anyway. It will also mean that should he not sort his head out and ends up leaving, then it might stop some of the bitching that went on when Leon left.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kinky Gerbils said:
Has AJ signed for Watford yet? if not is it wise to say that stuff! [/QUOT

Yes

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
More great diplomatic and PR skills from McGhee.

What is the point of publicly slagging off Jarrett? Sure, he couldn't cut it, but why bother? What good does this achieve other than making an enemy?

McGhee is just as immature as Leon Knight.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

perth seagull said:

What is the point of publicly slagging off Jarrett? Sure, he couldn't cut it, but why bother? What good does this achieve other than making an enemy?

Exactly.

Leon and McGhee are very similar in as much Leon got slagged relentlessly for going to the press and slagging people and all he did was to copy his mentor McGhee.

McGhee.

If you don't fancy a player just say he wasn't right and leave it at that rather than slag them off in the media all the time, it's no wonder you cannot be respected by your players and future targets we wish to bring in so please just.............................

:shutup:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I always thought it was the players that were supposed to take parting shots at managers when they leave?... FFS McGhee GROW UP!

:nono:

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
McGhee couldn't man-manage a subbuteo team.

Jarrett was shit however. Looked ever so impressive bombing it around but can't pass, cross or shoot so all a bit pointless really.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder if he disrepects his wife so much he really should think before he speaks.

:shootself

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
butchy said:
do we get any ££££ for jarett?

"The enigmatic young winger is moving from the Seagulls to the Premiership newcomers on a free transfer following a trial at Vicarage Road."

^^^^^

From the original post. I think it answers your question.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think I'll take Boothroyd's judgment over McGhee's. Not to get more out of Jarrett while he has been here has been an utter failure of management.

You wonder if Chris Coleman has been to the Mark McGhee school of man-management with his handling of the Steed Malbranque situation.

Jarrett probably won't feature too much at Watford, and is more of a squad player, cover for injuries - but they wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't any good.

perth seagull said:

He was responding to questions by the Argus and had to give an explanation to Brighton fans about why he is letting Jarrett go. You can either agree or disagree with his explanation, but to say he has no right to say it is nonsense, I want to hear him talk honestly on the subject even if you don't - and that goes for the rest of you on here who are just using this for your usual boring McGhee whinge.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here