Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford go 3-2 up at Palace

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well you might enjoy this...feck me we were poor...so poor, tis going to be a long hard season, the trouble with having a fans hero as manager is that so many dont see it, the team is not that poor bur if you go and play at HOME trying to defend for 90+ mins you WILL get beat........good grief have I got to watch this for another 40 odd games??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well you might enjoy this...feck me we were poor...so poor, tis going to be a long hard season, the trouble with having a fans hero as manager is that so many dont see it, the team is not that poor bur if you go and play at HOME trying to defend for 90+ mins you WILL get beat........good grief have I got to watch this for another 40 odd games??

It's hard to find much to say to that tbh loz. Those seem like realistic comments. It's much more fun if we have deluded posters like Seaside making an ass of themselves.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was talking to a Palace fan tonight (I know, but I was trying to be civilised. She was telling someone (before she found out I was an Albion fan) that plenty in the crowd booed them off today.

She said she didn't boo, and that they weren't that bad, but then again she also said that Winifred NEVER dives, so to be fair, her judgement is already questionable at best.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It's hard to find much to say to that tbh loz. Those seem like realistic comments. It's much more fun if we have deluded posters like Seaside making an ass of themselves.

Oh yea sorry...we are going up!!!.......no I can't even bullshit a long hard season awaits, we just need to be better than 3 other teams that's all.! I would like to think one of them will be are lovel south coast rivals : )

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh yea sorry...we are going up!!!.......no I can't even bullshit a long hard season awaits, we just need to be better than 3 other teams that's all.! I would like to think one of them will be are lovel south coast rivals : )

Lol, dream on :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic result and it kept the trolls off here as well, double whammy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
MURRAY wasn't in their squad...
Captain one week, not in the squad the next. Maybe Dougie has caught Glenn's moodiness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
or maybe we are signing him...
I think we are, but I doubt he'll get in the team ahead of our other new signings Joe Cole, Bobby Z and Lukaku.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But Seaside gave them all 11 out of 10, right ?

no , for your delectation here are his ratings :

Jules 1
Ward 5
Ramage 5
Martin 5
Moxey 6
Parr 7
Jedi 6
KG 6
Zaha 8
Wilbraham 5
Garvan 6

Two good goals. Wilfried fantastic as usual. Rubbish defending, nobody ever in their box. Thought we would nick 3 points until the end when they equalised. Everyone in the ground knew what was going to happen.

Pissed off.

I guess the 8 given to Winifred was for his Tom Daley impression in the penalty box :lolol:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Almost like Liverpool and King Kenny - only similarity with them of course.

Zaha made a meal of his tackle which won the penalty though, went down like a sack of shit. Oh and Murray is "injured" apparently.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was actually at this game yesterday and it was reassuring to see that Palace were pretty crap. Watford were OK but they are a work in progress but they looked suspect at the back...Especially for Palace's second goal.

But Zola is trying to introduce an Albion style passing game so it was interesting being amongst the Hornets support as who were just like Albion fans when Poyet started developing his method. By that I mean moaning when the team were keeping possession and going backwards to set themselves for another attack.

The only bright spot for Palace was that Zaha did show flashes of brilliance but also went down as soon as someone looked in his direction...And Murray was completely missing from the squad which was odd unless he picked-up an injury in the Capital One Cup.

So after getting news of our result Watford's late come-back was particularly sweet...And it was an opportunity to jump off my seat which was disgustingly filthy. Surely it does not take much to employ a team of cleaners to give the terraces a bit of a wipe?

Palace also play Seven Nation Army as soon as the goal goes in, then do that stupid thing with the goal-scorers name and finish it off by playing Glad All Over...In my book that makes them a triple noddy club.

...But I got to see the Crystals so that was good!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Palace also play Seven Nation Army as soon as the goal goes in, then do that stupid thing with the goal-scorers name and finish it off by playing Glad All Over...In my book that makes them a triple noddy club.

What, literally as soon as the ball hits the back of the net? Imagine if they had a goal disallowed just after it started playing :lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just seen a pic of them doing one of their little homework project displays yesterday, saying "these two colours unite us all". Funny because I swear they're pulling themselves apart over how bad the team, manager, fans and owners are, not to mention booing at the end. Yep, really united.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here