Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford, do we want to win ?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Always want us to win so yes.

For me it may be even more important depending on the outcome of Tuesdays game. If we happen to lose on Tuesday and then get beaten by Watford that is 3 defeats on the trot and a run like that can have a bigger impact. Assuming we win on Tuesday, while i will want to see a win for all the reasons listed above, I will not be too devastated if we lose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Winning the FA Cup didn't give Chelsea too many problems in the League last season did it?

As has been said above, Leeds season stumbled last year because Beckford stuck in a transfer request after the United game, and stopped trying, which is very unprofessional.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We'd look pretty stupid if we put out the reserves, lost, then blew an away draw at Anfield, say. The level of whining on here would be intolerable.

If the likes of us find the FA Cup a distraction, then might as well call it a day on the competition and associated history.

Tho most of us love it, as per the buzz of the Pompey game.

IMHO, like.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I'd love to see us win but Watford are a more than useful team right now and far better than anyone else we have played this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We'd look pretty stupid if we put out the reserves, lost, then blew an away draw at Anfield, say. The level of whining on here would be intolerable.

If the likes of us find the FA Cup a distraction, then might as well call it a day on the competition and associated history.

Tho most of us love it, as per the buzz of the Pompey game.

IMHO, like.

I can guarantee you 100% that even if we won, we wouldn't get an away game at Anfield. :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Winning the FA Cup didn't give Chelsea too many problems in the League last season did it?

As has been said above, Leeds season stumbled last year because Beckford stuck in a transfer request after the United game, and stopped trying, which is very unprofessional.

We may have the same problem with one or two of our players and we don't have the strength in depth of Chelsea or Leeds for that matter. After Watford got turned over yesterday I think they are beatable.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Of course we want to win. What a f***ing stupid question.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No. I want us to lose, I think it'll be really good for morale and will avoid an unwanted money spinning trip to a big club. We all hated going to Villa last year, it was rubbish when Tommy scored.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We may have the same problem with one or two of our players and we don't have the strength in depth of Chelsea or Leeds for that matter. After Watford got turned over yesterday I think they are beatable.

If it was Palace away in the fourth round would you be saying the same thing?

I would think the ONLY time I would want the Albion to lose would be if we were playing against Palace's relegation rivals, and a defeat for us would send the Nigels DOWN.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If it was Palace away in the fourth round would you be saying the same thing?

I would think the ONLY time I would want the Albion to lose would be if we were playing against Palace's relegation rivals, and a defeat for us would send the Nigels DOWN.

Put it simply, I don't mind if we lose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course we want to win. What a f***ing stupid question.

And if it affects our league form ? It's not a 'f***ing stupid question' if you weigh up the pros and cons, a rhetorical question maybe however I'll be interested to see what team gets picked.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
yes we want to win/ but 3 points tuesday is far more important so cant take the foot of the gas because of watford like southampton did yesterday

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think SCC;s cup run will come to an abrupt halt on Saturday as I doubt that Fergie will let lightning strike twice in successive seasons. The same applies to 'Udders but I think that whilst Watford are a decent side I do think we could beat them. What bothers me is not just a fixture backlog but the more matches we play the greater the chance of injuries and suspensions. Granted eating Colchester who are not a soft touch on Tuesday would be handy. The longer we stay top the more teams will see us as their proverbial cup final.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And if it affects our league form ? It's not a 'f***ing stupid question' if you weigh up the pros and cons, a rhetorical question maybe however I'll be interested to see what team gets picked.
It IS a stupid question. We're playing in the fourth round of the FA Cup of COURSE we want to win. If we lose by all means rationalise away the defeat by saying "Well we can concentrate on the league now, blessing in disguise, blah blah blah" (even though I think that view is largely rubbish), but for any Brighton fan to actually say they don't want to win a 4th round FA Cup tie ..... well you're not a true Brighton fan in my book.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We are not going to win the cup so lets get out of the competition before a vital member of the squad gets injuried and ruins our chance of being promoted.
Watford are a very useful side so no disgrase in getting beaten.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As pathetic an argument as it is, going further is a doubled edged sword in so much as your players are in a 'bigger' shop window, that said I'll be over the moon if we get through this tie.... and if we don't it'll be fine too, so a win-win really.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We are not going to win the cup so lets get out of the competition before a vital member of the squad gets injuried and ruins our chance of being promoted.
Watford are a very useful side so no disgrase in getting beaten.
Well we're not going to win the Cup with that attitude. In addition I find it really hard to understand this 'Health and Safety' attitude towards the FA Cup: "It's a risk so let's not do it." Maybe we should also cancel training in case a player gets injured (like Smith did)? Come on man, where's your spirit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here