Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford, do we want to win ?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Of course we want to win! We're not Chelsea you know, we haven't got to save ourselves for the champions league. A couple of extra games should'nt be a problem.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'd love us to win, of course. The FA Cup is a competition I love and now we're in the fourth round I want us to go as far as possible. If we win we're only one game from the quarters!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Bloody sick of these threads.

I support Brighton. I want them to win football matches. I am going to the game. It is the most important and famous domestic cup competition in the WORLD. (Boo hoo, we might have TWO more games added to our fixture list, heaven forbid.)

Yes I want us to win.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bloody sick of these threads.

I support Brighton. I want them to win football matches. I am going to the game. It is the most important and famous domestic cup competition in the WORLD. (Boo hoo, we might have TWO more games added to our fixture list, heaven forbid.)

Yes I want us to win.

Have to ask, if you're so sick of these threads then why open it ?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I would like us to win the game for the kudos of making the 5th round and to show that we are able to cut it against championship teams...however, given what happened to Leeds last year, I'm ready to accept defeat by Watford as we can then continue to concentrate on our No1 priority which is the P word

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Win - Yes great.
Lose - Not the end of the world
Draw - Worst possible outcome.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Win = More games but also = confidence. If we do it will be our best show in a FAC since 1985, and I think every Albion fan should take that..

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Of course I want us to win, it's the FA Cup, and I'm going. Adding a few more fixtures onto our fixture list isn't exactly a disaster is it?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Win = More games but also = confidence. If we do it will be our best show in a FAC since 1985, and I think every Albion fan should take that..

But we got further than we did in 1985 in the following year!

Otherwise, I agree. A good cup run doesn't necessarily have a negative impact on league form.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Yes - let's win and get Stevenage in 5th round and Hereford in 6th, Burton in semi and all Sussex Final vs Crawley.

We'll play all games away to prove it wasn't and easy route to Final.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hello no!

Got enough games to make up as it is. Don't want any more added to the schedule.

Why not? We might have games to make up, but the teams around us have points to make up. Which none of them are currently capable of doing. Nice to have a couple of spare games tucked away in case of emergency IMHO.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course I want us to win, it's the FA Cup, and I'm going. Adding a few more fixtures onto our fixture list isn't exactly a disaster is it?
Agree! Winning is a good habit........if we just keep on winning the next game for the rest of the season we'll have UEFA cup football at the Amex next season!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A word of caution, following their brilliant win against Man U last season Mighty Leeds became shitey Leeds and almost blew promotion. Frankly I'd rather start a cup run in Round Three 2012.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A word of caution, following their brilliant win against Man U last season Mighty Leeds became shitey Leeds and almost blew promotion. Frankly I'd rather start a cup run in Round Three 2012.

A big part of that was Jermaine Beckford acting like an arrogant twat after he'd scored the winner at Old Trafford, wanting a move in January and upsetting the team spirit though.

A replay wouldn't be a disaster but if the scores are level on 85 minutes I say go for it, shit or bust really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here