Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford catering

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Had the longest wait all season in WSU, and they ran out of Balti Pies.

On the plus side, I only got charged £5.50 for my Pie and drink. Happy days!

I too waited longer than I ever have before. And unlike you, I was told my pie and pint came to £7.20, after the post match discount.

Still, at least they had pies both before AND after the game this time. First time in a long time

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I left 3 minutes before H-T and queued up for 12 minutes to be served. Was much too slow, the staff are just low paid agency employee's who are in no hurry.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The guy who served me yesterday was clearly struggling in all aspects his role, particularly with communication.

They just need to employ people who can speak English, understand the words STRONGBOW, FOSTERS and PIE, and can actually give a shit that there is massive queue forming at their till.

I honestly believe that if they put them all on commission based wages everyone would benefit, especially the club in terms of turnover.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No pies, had to have the cardboard cheeseburger, wasn't a good start to the afternoon. From the Jam at the Concorde made up very healthily for a shit afternoon.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I left 3 minutes before H-T and queued up for 12 minutes to be served. Was much too slow, the staff are just low paid agency employee's who are in no hurry.

As opposed to the crack squads of highly paid, highly trained elite staff at Pie shops up and down the U.K

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had a steak and ale pie and very nice as well

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The burger I had was disgusting.

Quite why the Albion think they can serve up such shit just because we have no other choice is beyond me.

TB

Mr Barber made his view on this clear at the 1901 breakfast meeting to discuss catering. He believes that we ( the customer - not his word) should expect to pay more and demand less because of ' the football expereince'. What he doesn't understand is that we are already paying for ' the football experience'; it's what we, as customers, tend to call "a ticket". What he fails to comprehend is that we have a choice. If the food, service, drinks etc are not consider 'value' by the customers (sorry for keeping using that dirty word) then we can either go elsewhere ( eg eating in Brighton pre game) or simply not spending our money at all.

We do have a choice and in fact more and more people are making it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mr Barber made his view on this clear at the 1901 breakfast meeting to discuss catering. He believes that we ( the customer - not his word) should expect to pay more and demand less because of ' the football expereince'. What he doesn't understand is that we are already paying for ' the football experience'; it's what we, as customers, tend to call "a ticket". What he fails to comprehend is that we have a choice. If the food, service, drinks etc are not consider 'value' by the customers (sorry for keeping using that dirty word) then we can either go elsewhere ( eg eating in Brighton pre game) or simply not spending our money at all.

We do have a choice and in fact more and more people are making it.

I was at the Profile Lounge breakfast meeting and took a different message from his football experience/expectations comment.

The message I took is that we cannot expect high end restaurant fayre due to the constraints of the football game but we could and should expect better than what had been previously served up. Seemed fair and obvious to me. Azure should not have claimed they could offer a fine dining experience. He was correcting their mistake.

How is the food at the mo?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a chicken pie, a steak pie and a pint of Harveys. I then went to The Victory (underrated pub) and had a few too many DarkStar APAs. Whilst the pies are still very good I did prefer them when they were drier and had less gravy.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I was at the Profile Lounge breakfast meeting and took a different message from his football experience/expectations comment.

The message I took is that we cannot expect high end restaurant fayre due to the constraints of the football game but we could and should expect better than what had been previously served up. Seemed fair and obvious to me. Azure should not have claimed they could offer a fine dining experience. He was correcting their mistake.

How is the food at the mo?

I haven't tried it again to be fair. Maybe my bad but having had so many appalling experiences last season and at the beginning of this I can't persuade my wallet to part with £41/ head just to give the club 'another chance'. However I have had some exceptionally pleasant per match meals in Brighton with clients and friends for half the price.

Yesterday the Profile bar had run out of Amstel and red wine an hour before KO. It is difficult to rationalise any renewed enthusiasm for the 'experience'.

A shame but the club will have to make some seriously good customer focused moves to regain my interest on the hospitality/catering front. No sign of this to date sadly.

However, I will still be supporting the team whether we lose or win the next twenty games.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't tried it again to be fair. Maybe my bad but having had so many appalling experiences last season and at the beginning of this I can't persuade my wallet to part with £41/ head just to give the club 'another chance'. However I have had some exceptionally pleasant per match meals in Brighton with clients and friends for half the price.

Yesterday the Profile bar had run out of Amstel and red wine an hour before KO. It is difficult to rationalise any renewed enthusiasm for the 'experience'.

A shame but the club will have to make some seriously good customer focused moves to regain my interest on the hospitality/catering front. No sign of this to date sadly.

However, I will still be supporting the team whether we lose or win the next twenty games.....

Fair enough. I know how you feel as I felt the £41 was a kick in the teeth after last season's disasters. How does it work with your clients in town? Do you dine and arrive just before KO? Do you drive or train it? I have considered eating in town myself but these days I tend to just arrive in the lounge and have a pie then watch the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here