Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford catering

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Such is the shitstorm surrounding the football, no-one seems to have taken the time to talk about the really important stuff: the catering.

I had a wonderful experience that included pizza, some proper cider from Thatchers (not that Strongbow piss) and some incredible garlic bread with cheese. Such are home comforts when you can't be arsed to go to the Amex.

For those that did bother to go - how was it for YOU?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The queues move much more quickly. Impressed. Although the burger was lukewarm. Bleurgh.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Such is the shitstorm surrounding the football, no-one seems to have taken the time to talk about the really important stuff: the catering.

I had a wonderful experience that included pizza, some proper cider from Thatchers (not that Strongbow piss) and some incredible garlic bread with cheese. Such are home comforts when you can't be arsed to go to the Amex.

Thatcher's cider is really good. Three pints of that and you would want to sit down in your seat.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Had the longest wait all season in WSU, and they ran out of Balti Pies.

On the plus side, I only got charged £5.50 for my Pie and drink. Happy days!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
made the mistake of standing by the sauces/sugars/milk etc in west stand upper,oh wait,no the milk!!!,
at least 40 fans,asked me if i could pass them the milk,to be told,their wasnt any,their faces,basic,ffs,why cant they hand them out when given the tea

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Probably best not to stand by the sugar milk etc and get in peoples way trying to get the stuff.Saw one bloke say excuse me to someone who was chatting with his mate right by the sugar etc so nobody could get there ,and he replied ffs cant stand anywhere and didnt budge,to which the guy leant across grabbed some sugar and spilt his tea all over the guys arm .Made my day .

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The guy who served me didn't have a clue about anything, only ordered a pie and pint and a burger and pint and he gave the impression he didn't know what any of it was

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, we had some tasty steak and ale pies, and I must admit the guest ale London Pride was a darn good pint.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The new company are doing a good job. The burger quality seems to have improved and the wait isn't so bad.

Went to West Brom v Norwich the other weekend when our game with Blackburn was called off and it made me realise how lucky we are at the Amex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I enjoyed my bovril ...home made with a sprinkle of black pepper to give it som kick...thanx for asking

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably best not to stand by the sugar milk etc and get in peoples way trying to get the stuff.Saw one bloke say excuse me to someone who was chatting with his mate right by the sugar etc so nobody could get there ,and he replied ffs cant stand anywhere and didnt budge,to which the guy leant across grabbed some sugar and spilt his tea all over the guys arm .Made my day .

I asked a guy to move when I was trying to get to the sauce and forks. which he did by about two inches and left his beer in the way. When I covered it with my armpit as I reached across he seemed rather miffed. Some people really are dim. There were loads of places to stand at the time so why choose there?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Asked for a kids meal in ESL but was told they didn't do them. Queued up again at the next one along, where the guy didn't know either, but he offered me a couple of random items, and no gullys box to put them in.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No baltie pie left but offered to cook one for me if I didn't mind waiting. Opted for the steak pie instead but top notch customer service skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here