Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away good draw for us.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Should be a good away day although it looks like from Brighton you have to take a damned bus to Three Bridges and go from there, due to engineering works.:angry:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hmmmm. Not a spectacular draw,and I'll bet the Watford fans are rubbing their hands. Result could depend on whether Gus puts out his strongest team,but this Albion lot could be good enough to give them a game.

If I want a ticket for this,am I a glory hunter ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This is a great draw for these reasons..
1. Winnable game for us.
2. Good test of what we may/should/hopefully face next season.
3. Local enough and we should take 3.500+
4. It could have been a lot worse.
5. Not a big enough draw to distract the players from there league form.
The last point is the most important, Man Utd/Arsenal away would have been a great day out, but whatever people say players would have had one eye on it. Its only natural.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Won't it be rather obvious who Crodonilson will line up as Watford's most famous supporter?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's alright. Better than some of the other Championship clubs left in it (Burnley, Swansea for example), better than getting a team we play this season in the league (Huddersfield, Orient, Saints), plus I doubt very much our players are going to lose focus from the league campaign because they're all too busy trembling with excitement at playing Man United or Chelsea.

It's not far to go, it'll be a good test, and there is a chance of winning it...with no disrespect intended to Watford.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think it's a terrific tie. Especially being a home match near enough for me. Watford are a good team as are we so looking forward to it. And it's the fa cup. For me the lamentable reaction by many neatly sums up all that's wrong with football eg boo hoo we didnt get Chelsea utd arsenal or spurs so it's a shit tie and not worth going to. Honestly, that's how they got so powerful in the first place. There's more to round 4 than that lot. Plenty of good ties like ours and we have a chance of getting through. Looking forward to it myself and i'll be able to get a ticket because jcl's won't fancy it!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's a dull draw - no glory in winning or loosing - but it is very winnable and it could give another indication how well we match up to championship level teams (see next season for details).
I'm not sure that a 10 man Portsmouth is a good yardstick.

A step towards greater things.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Hopefully we'll still have Mackay with us and some key players fit.

Yes we fielded a young side against Hartlepool yesterday and 4-1 but really that flattered us a bit.

I am sure you will proive a stronger test.

Don't worry..not offended if you say its a "dull draw" etc

We'd all like to the big boys..even more so as they don't seem that bothered about the Cup!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
The people that think we will take 3-4000 may be dissapointed i reckon! the three times iv been in league think we took around 3000 the first time and then around 1800-2000 the other two. Not as many turn up for cup games unless its a biggun(Villa,Yids,West Ham)

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think its a great tie, provided we field a strong side.

We will then have every chance to win it and then go on and get Everton away (coz they will be Chelsea) in the fifth round.

Everyone's a winner!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The people that think we will take 3-4000 may be dissapointed i reckon! the three times iv been in league think we took around 3000 the first time and then around 1800-2000 the other two. Not as many turn up for cup games unless its a biggun(Villa,Yids,West Ham)

Quite.

Couldn't sell out v Pompey at home, so why would we take that many to Watford?

Mar 10, 2006
I think it's a crap draw! Really disappointed.
I don't know how many NSC'ers on here remember our cup game up there in 1984, but that had to be the worst away trip ever!!!!
The police were very intimidating (nasty bunch) and we were packed like sardines in our end.
Then the police, in their wisdom, decided to push us all from the back and we were crushed against the barriers. It was pretty frightening and I vowed never to go there again. One of my worst awayday experiences ever!
We laughed at the fact they used to call it a family club.
Whatever it used to be, family-friendly it wasn't!

I realise that the ground may have changed over the years but things like that stick in your mind forever.

f*** me that was 27 years ago - do you measure everything in your life by what happened that long ago. Times change you know and personally like many others I'm looking forward to seeing how we do against a pretty decent team

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
f*** me that was 27 years ago - do you measure everything in your life by what happened that long ago. Times change you know and personally like many others I'm looking forward to seeing how we do against a pretty decent team

I don't disagree, but remember that day well, it was a rough one. After the game a mate and I were stopped by 2 Spurs fans, one of whom pulled out a fish filleting knife of all things. We both did the manly thing and ran like f***. Pretty frightening though.

Should be a good day out, subject to travel. Not saying I want to lose, but it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen as long as we do not disgrace ourselves. Concentration on the league etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
- Dull team that will probably beat us.
- Boring town with boring pubs.
- Been there before a few times, will probably get to go again next season.
- No chance of a big crowd and big pay day.

This sums up for me what I think is one of the worst draws we could have got. I suppose it could have been worse could have been away to Bolton or Blackburn.

We stand very little chance of winning even with all the first team playing, The train journey takes ages for such a short distance and the pubs and people of Watford are the worst possible. If you drive the parking is a nightmare and it may have changed but you used to have to hike all around the allotments to get into the away end.

Sussex 'orn

Jan 9, 2011
We stand very little chance of winning even with all the first team playing, The train journey takes ages for such a short distance and the pubs and people of Watford are the worst possible. If you drive the parking is a nightmare and it may have changed but you used to have to hike all around the allotments to get into the away end.

You don't have to. The entrance to the away section is on Vicarage Road.

Pubs in Watford high street are rubbish, a whetherspoons and a run down rub called 'The One Bell'. If you have a copy of the good beer guide use it. If you're driving, stop in Rickmansworth High Street for a pint, or the pub of the year is called The Sportsman in Croxley Green. If you're coming by train, drink in the pubs to the left of the station as you come out, it's all downhill as you get closer to the ground.

As for John Stephenson, he was/is our 'director of football'. He finds good, cheap players for the club to buy and we bring them in and the manager gets the credit. His best players include Don Cowie for peanuts, and Danny Graham. He is joining you (in presumably the same role) at the end of the January transfer window.

I'll be on the train (bus :rant:) up, amongst you lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here