Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch England in Dicks Bar...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would you want to go out anywhere to watch England? Everywhere is full of pricks without an ounce of knowledge but who pull on an England shirt and think they're an expert. They also think that England will win every match and cannot believe it when this doesn't happen. I like going out to watch football and I will be doing so during this Euros, but the three nights I'll be watching from home are when we're on.

Yup. I always forget how much I hate watching football in pubs. Always a few utter thickets with extremely polarised views, determined to share them with the pub constantly.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I won't watch England in the pub especially a town centre one for teh very reason on morons it just ruins my enjoyment of the match.

You also get the random shouter who every now and then for no apparent reason decides to berate one of the players for something they haven't done.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I was thinking of going if we get to the quarters, for free entry plus the chance to have one of those pies :drool: more people would be inclined to go.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
but did ANYONe go????

Can't for the life of me think why anyone would go.

My local put on a 2 huge platters of sausage sarnies and another huge platter of chips for nothing at half time, as a thanks for supporting the pub gesture.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just thought I would bounce this as a reminder before tonight's match. Mainly because I've still not heard if anyone went to the last one.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The fact Dick's is open most evenings anyway ....................

Out of interest, how much business does the bar get during normal opening times, outside of match days of course.?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didnt go, but it is free entry and £6.50 for pie and a pint! Plus a 72 inch screen!

It's good job I'm not a cynic, otherwise I'd probably read something into...

- A new member joining.
- That new member immediately making 2 posts encouraging people to use club facilities.
- That new member sharing an IP address with known club employees.

Just coincidence, I'm sure.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Similar to as posted somewhere above, I watched the France game in a pub, was pissed, had a Jock rabbiting in my right ear, and a lady in the left, and followed about five percent of what was going on on the TV! This won't be happening tonight, as will be stone cold sober, in my front room with the TV on! C'mon you super Eng-er-land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I doubt anyone went last time.

I think the club cocked up the Dicks Bar design big time. It is devoid of character and is just a cheapish hotel type bar with zero ambience. I've tried it twice after games and hated it both times, so it's always The Swann for me from now. If the club had invested a bit more to make it a classy comfortable venue then I'm sure that they would get much more business away from matchdays.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
England v sweden is being shown in the boardroom at Plymouth argyle, 5 pounds a ticket, genuine free pasty and pint of Tribute donated by the companies and proceeds to the people who did not get paid last season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's good job I'm not a cynic, otherwise I'd probably read something into...

- A new member joining.
- That new member immediately making 2 posts encouraging people to use club facilities.
- That new member sharing an IP address with known club employees.

Just coincidence, I'm sure.

Talk about busted.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I went with Mrs Oscar and Oscar jnr and yes, plenty of room (about 30 there) but I have to say I rather enjoyed it.

It feels a bit special to be watching England at our glorious home and I still can't help but pinch myself that we can do this kind of thing after so many years of not even having a roof or indeed a ground at all.

Anyway, nice pint of Harveys, comfy seats, friendly staff, big screen, good sound and a nice collective celebration when we scored. I'd describe it as a nice half way between watching it at home and the pub.

The only minus was it was bloody hot in there but the air-con kicked in by the second half.

I'll definitely go again and I'd recommend it to anyone with kids or those looking for a laid back environment to watch the game without the town centre pub twats but with more atmos than at home. AND it's the Amex. :albion2:

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Definitely my choice of venue from now on. Good crowd and no idiots. There was no Harveys on draught which was disappointing but a choice of 2 bottled Harveys which saved the night.
Bar staff very friendly and I was assured the Harveys would be sorted for Tuesday and a free pint would be waiting for me and my mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here