Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch England in Dicks Bar...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I see that there isn't a £10 entrance, but first come first served. Pie and beer offer as well.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why would you want to go out anywhere to watch England? Everywhere is full of pricks without an ounce of knowledge but who pull on an England shirt and think they're an expert. They also think that England will win every match and cannot believe it when this doesn't happen. I like going out to watch football and I will be doing so during this Euros, but the three nights I'll be watching from home are when we're on.

Pretty much agree with you. Had some horrible experiences watching England in pubs. A group of friends round to one place is the best option.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why would you want to go out anywhere to watch England? Everywhere is full of pricks without an ounce of knowledge but who pull on an England shirt and think they're an expert. They also think that England will win every match and cannot believe it when this doesn't happen. I like going out to watch football and I will be doing so during this Euros, but the three nights I'll be watching from home are when we're on.

Bit of a generalisation there, it depends on the venue. Go down West Street and I'd agree with you. But my local has actually got a few balanced individuals who you can hold a perfectly acceptable soccerist conversation with about England.

Gary Mabbutt is often down there in his number 26 England shirt, he certainly knows his stuff and is only too happy to talk England. I expect I'll be propping up the bar with him on Monday *

* that was a complete lie

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
...only £10 and you get a free pie and a pint.

So £10 for a pie and a pint in a normally free venue then???

Seems a bit cheeky.

Watch England in Dick's Bar!

With the Euro's approaching, why not come and enjoy all of the England games amongst friends, family and fellow Albion supporters in Dick's Bar.

England will take on France on Monday 11th June (5pm), Sweden on Friday 15th June (7.45pm) and Ukraine on Tuesday 19th June at 7.45pm. For £10, fans will be able to enjoy the action with a complimentary pie and a pint! Alternatively you can purchase a three-game pass for £25.

To book tickets or for more information please call 01273 878282 or email 1901clubbrighton@azure.uk.com.

why when you can watch it in a real pub with atmosphere for free,a real pub with enough staff to ensure you don`t wait 20 minutes at the bar for every round

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Clearly the interest hasnt been that good, price has been dropped to £6.50 !!

Still £6.50 too much, why would you swap your local with atmosphere to a place devoid of any atmosphere any pay £6.50 for the pleasure. I mean, Dick's Bar is all well and good on a match day when its got penty of other Albion fans in it but going there pay £6.50 to join 10 other fans is just not going to happen. I'd ne suprised if more than 5 people went TBH.

Aaaaah, I see the post about. Never mind me then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it ? Not really that clear tbh. Stupid they charged in the first place. Now they have made it free to enter - do they plan on refunding those who actually paid up ?

I haven't a clue about any refunds and agree that it was ridiculous to charge, but it has been confirmed as free entry on Twitter by @OfficialBHAFC.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Does anyone think it's worth watching in Dick's bar? I work at the uni, finish work at 5 and am not sure where to watch the game. Not sure if the student bars are showing it, I'm going to check them out on my lunch break.
I've not been to Dick's on a match day because the queues are always so big, what are the TV's like and do you think it will be busy / have a good atmosphere?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bit of a mess by the club really. They could really have made an event of this with all the Amex starved fans and footy to watch. Now the message has been rather fudged.

On the other hand, it's funny how this time last year we were all desperate for any glimpse of the stadium and now we're all rather apathetic about watching England in a major tournament from the comfort of our very own supporters' bar with Harveys and BHAFC branded pies and all.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just having a bite to eat in dicks, there's a mahoosive (60" +) tv been put up with a sound system wired to it for tonight :)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Did anyone else go to this in the end? What was the atmosphere like in there?

Pies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here