Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch England in Dicks Bar...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
...only £10 and you get a free pie and a pint.

So £10 for a pie and a pint in a normally free venue then???

Seems a bit cheeky.

Watch England in Dick's Bar!

With the Euro's approaching, why not come and enjoy all of the England games amongst friends, family and fellow Albion supporters in Dick's Bar.

England will take on France on Monday 11th June (5pm), Sweden on Friday 15th June (7.45pm) and Ukraine on Tuesday 19th June at 7.45pm. For £10, fans will be able to enjoy the action with a complimentary pie and a pint! Alternatively you can purchase a three-game pass for £25.

To book tickets or for more information please call 01273 878282 or email 1901clubbrighton@azure.uk.com.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's not bad value I suppose but I can't see it being very busy. The club would be better off making a big deal about watching footy at the Amex for free then rake in the cash from drinks etc. I think having to book is going to put most off.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
£10 plus the train fare to get to Falmer, who would want that to watch football in the conference room type facilities at the Amex as opposed to a free pub in Brighton?

Has that Paul Barber chap started yet?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's not bad value I suppose but I can't see it being very busy. The club would be better off making a big deal about watching footy at the Amex for free then rake in the cash from drinks etc. I think having to book is going to put most off.

Agree, I would probably go and watch a game or two there but do not fancy having to book in advance, would rather just be able to rock up if the mood takes me!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

I think you are right. A email out saying all England games available free at Dicks Bar then make money on sales makes way more sense...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They should open the East stand brasserie instead, much nice to be able to have a beer and look out onto the pitch too.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The fact Dick's is open most evenings anyway (albeit not as late) makes this even more odd.

I'll be interested to see if they change tack during the tournament.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Free entry to my front room.
Free pies and pints in fridge.
Just two steps from the bedroom.
Limited seating though!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Seems bloody weird to me, why the f*ck would you pay to watch the football in Dicks Bar?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If they set up a massive screen to watch the game and the extra money is to cover this then ok, but if its just watching it on the small TV's that are already there then seems a bit of a rip off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is assuming ALL football fans want to go large in a heaving pub, in Brighton central.

I can't see the idea appealing to most of us, but I'd imagine there's certainly a niche of fans who'd enjoy watching the games and atmosphere @ Dick's.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You can't charge for something like this. The whole 'free pie and a pint' thing seems silly too.

Get people in the door. (i.e make it free) and you'll certainly shift a hell of a lot of pies and pints anyway.

I'd suggest they've done it like this because they have no idea how much stock to buy? Weird otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here