Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

was tonight the 1st mistake made by the club?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The attendance would have been much higher if the fixture was played during the school holidays , poor planning imo

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Was unable to turn up until half time and then was REFUSED entry into the ground despite having paid. Steward had to call a supervisor, who took ages, by which time I was joined by 3 generations of a family who had also turned up late.

Apparently it's 'policy' so, should you be having a nightmare journey to a game next season then you might as well give up because turning up late is not allowed.

Eventually some common sense prevailed and we were all allowed in.

Unlucky you, as not in my experience..

We left Orpington at 5.40 for the Watford match, and passed Clacket lane services around 7.30pm.. having done around 7 mph for the two hours..

Knowing there was 50 odd minutes of travel still to go, we piled on, and i think the 1st Watford goal went in as we passed Gatwick.. :(

Got to WSL at the 40min mark and we were ushered straight through turnstiles, just in time to see the penalty go in.. :cry:

Back on the M23, i knew we would miss the last train out of Orpo, so had to get to East Croydon, to London bridge, to Tulse Hill..

Over 6 hours of travelling for 50 mins of footie.. :annoyed:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Takings including refreshments would have been around £25000-30000 , probably barely a break even figure, .... but its been a long season, and No local player interest, all plays a part. I think one England game per season is enough in these tough economic times.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The English Schools FA will be happy with the turnout , they could have picked another venue , charged £2 for adults with kids for a quid and still got less than a thousand to pay.

Was unable to turn up until half time and then was REFUSED entry into the ground despite having paid. Steward had to call a supervisor, who took ages, by which time I was joined by 3 generations of a family who had also turned up late.
A few seasons ago I was refused admission at Swindon at 3.15, at any gate (no colours on). They just didn't want my money.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Was tonights pricing for the Centenary Shield the 1st major mistake the club have made since moving into the Amex?

As the Attendance was a grand total of 2,822.

Tickets were £8 for adults and £5 for kids, I believe but Im pretty sure if the club priced it like the England vs Denmark game this could of sold out easy, even if they had the tickets at £2 for adults and £1 for kids instead of 50p a ticket, but £8 for an adult is abit of a p!ss take IMO and poor judgement by the club.

Also parking was £10 ! where as last time it was free.

I wonder if this will effect us hosting more important future England games at the Amex as the FA are not happy with the amount of tickets which were sold & I dont blame them.

I had a ticket but because of work couldn't go,. and so very late last night I was watching the old video of the last season at the Goldstone when we needed every BHA fan to support the club in its darkets hour and for some games we couldn't even attract 2000 paying spectators

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Those low Goldstone gates had a fair bit to do with many not wanting to put money into the hands of those thieving bastards.

As for theschoolboy game, poor Gus, if he watched, must dispair. He's been in England a good few years and say's our game has not developed at all and so true watching young England. One big forward, one speedy winger, whack the ball for him to chase and hope somebody is up for the cross. I hope we never have to go back to watching that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Those low Goldstone gates had a fair bit to do with many not wanting to put money into the hands of those thieving bastards.

As for theschoolboy game, poor Gus, if he watched, must dispair. He's been in England a good few years and say's our game has not developed at all and so true watching young England. One big forward, one speedy winger, whack the ball for him to chase and hope somebody is up for the cross. I hope we never have to go back to watching that.

Were you impressed with the Irish team performance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here