Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

was tonight the 1st mistake made by the club?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Was tonights pricing for the Centenary Shield the 1st major mistake the club have made since moving into the Amex?

As the Attendance was a grand total of 2,822.

Tickets were £8 for adults and £5 for kids, I believe but Im pretty sure if the club priced it like the England vs Denmark game this could of sold out easy, even if they had the tickets at £2 for adults and £1 for kids instead of 50p a ticket, but £8 for an adult is abit of a p!ss take IMO and poor judgement by the club.

Also parking was £10 ! where as last time it was free.

I wonder if this will effect us hosting more important future England games at the Amex as the FA are not happy with the amount of tickets which were sold & I dont blame them.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That is a poor turnout but hardly surprising at those prices.

I LOVE the Amex but i wouldn't pay that for a kids' match.

Who won?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It wasn't even a remotely attractive fixture to me to be honest.
The Under 19's game was a terrible match, and the atmosphere was possibly the worst and most forced of any game I've been to (just my opinion), but the pricing was ideal.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What was the name of the Irish number 10? He was an incredible player - outstanding prospect. Wonderful dribbling, passing and vision.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Incredibly, unbelievably unlikely that BHA would have any influence in the pricing of an England match. The last one was f***ing awful due to screaming kids running round the whole time, hence my non-attendance.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
The club don't set the prices. The event organisers do, in this case the FA.

Not true as when I got the tickets for the previous England game they said the CLUB priced them at 50p and they didnt expect many people to come, but once people were buying 50 + at a time they new they got it wronge, the FA just get a % of the income made.

D

Deleted member 18477

Mistake even hosting the fixture. I mean what's the point! I'd rather watch coronation street... And I hate that!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Was tonights pricing for the Centenary Shield the 1st major mistake the club have made since moving into the Amex?

As the Attendance was a grand total of 2,822.

Tickets were £8 for adults and £5 for kids, I believe but Im pretty sure if the club priced it like the England vs Denmark game this could of sold out easy, even if they had the tickets at £2 for adults and £1 for kids instead of 50p a ticket, but £8 for an adult is abit of a p!ss take IMO and poor judgement by the club.

Also parking was £10 ! where as last time it was free.

I wonder if this will effect us hosting more important future England games at the Amex as the FA are not happy with the amount of tickets which were sold & I dont blame them.

We did sell out of programmes though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Highest crowd of the season for England Schools...

Would obviously have been better, however, to make it cheaper and get more people in - not sure why that didn't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here