Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it YOU at the Arizona Diamondbacks game last night?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I'm glad it wasn't me otherwise I would of missed some Comedy gold as I was watching an American comedian unfortunately making a mockery of American politics. Now what was the guys name....???

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
1720869224553.png

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Randy Johnson was the best pitcher I have ever seen. In 1993 when the Jays were heading for back to back World Series, we had a couple of series with the Mariners and every time he pitched, our batters simply couldn't get at.him. He was class even if he looked like he lived In a trailer park.

I remember your Expos team @Quebec Seagull . It must have hurt, especially seeing the Jays win it first. I think the Big O was a part of the problem too, by the way, which you haven't touched upon.
The only baseball match I've ever been to was at the BOB in 2001 (I think) watching Randy Johnson pitch against some Korean pitcher who threw sidearm. Funniest bit of the game was Randy running to first base like a giraffe in slo-mo.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
It wasn’t me, but I live in a Phoenix, Arizona. There’s a large American Express campus here. I work for AMEX and have seen others in Brighton gear every now and again. I’ve had people ask me when out in my gear “Are you from Brighton or do you work for AMEX?”

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
No, I don’t think so.

I’m sure I would have remembered flying to America and buying tickets for that baseball game.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
1720908792935.png

The kiddie in the red shirt in the top-left corner, seems a little wary of a small ungulate's foot dangling in front of him?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've been to Tucson, Arizona.
Where do the diamondbacks play?

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
The only baseball match I've ever been to was at the BOB in 2001 (I think) watching Randy Johnson pitch against some Korean pitcher who threw sidearm. Funniest bit of the game was Randy running to first base like a giraffe in slo-mo.

Park Chan-Ho of the LA Dodgers. He was the first South Korean to play in the majors.

Now here's an amusing anecdote. Do you remember the movie Liar, Liar with Canadian comic Jim Carrey? It came out in 1999, I think. It's set in Los Angeles, and Carrey's character is playing catch with his preteen son, who says he's gonna be a great pitcher someday, like Hideo Nomo. (Nomo was the Dodgers' Japanese superstar pitcher at the time.) I saw the movie in a cinema in Seoul, and was reading the subtitles to improve my Korean. Well, the subtitles read Park Chan-Ho instead of Hideo Nomo!!! The English-agnostic audience giggled at the flattering mention of Park, but I burst out laughing at the chauvinism on display. Everyone turned towards the  baegin (white man) with puzzled stares, leaving them with the belief that perhaps the Korean translator had failed to convey the full humour of the brief exchange.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It still wasn't me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here