Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was I Wrong To Throw Something At A Traffic Warden?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
That's the unfortunate result of allowing properties to be split into mulitple flats and bedsits without proper planning for parking. It also reflects the high cost of parking centrally that makes workers move out into the free parking areas.

It's a pisser, I know, but yellow lines are not there just to make the road look pretty.

I never bought a place that had a residents parking permit area for exactly that reason.

They are necessary because people take liberties

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Looney im not quite sure who the fcuk you think you are,But you seem to be abusing everyone on this thread becuase your opinion's differ.

Well fcuk face,I didnt say obstructing an ambulance should be tollerated or fire-engines.

But what I am saying is i live in a permit area and do not apreciate being ticketed while im getting change for the meter from the local shop.

They are scum of the earth,Who get kicks out of making people feel small,they think they have power. I really hope you get a taste of a £30 fine or even more,but that couldnt happen because you would never break the law,Prick!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So what this jerk off is saying is cos he got booked twice he then went and abused a different warden.
Bit like getting mugged by a black then seeking out any black for payback.

BYF which means big yusless faggot , you post without saying anything but,
"look at me, I'm wearing a dress and lipstick and you can stick fresh fruit in my pushed open arse"

Your gayer than safeway and gunters lovechild Homer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can't drive and they don't seem to object to me cycling about, so i'm all for traffic wardens.

They're a convenient target for the frustrations we feel every day. But i've got my sights set on other bastards.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Your in a minority here looney so sit down and shut up.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The only minority around here shit for brains is your lone brain cell being choked out by a couple of strands dangling down from your Axminster toupee through the porous surface of your dented noggin, numpty.

You asked were you right to publicly abuse a public servant and I stood you on your f***ing head and pile drived you deep in your own bullshit.

shut it twerp, you'll just sink deeper the more you struggle.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Not read all this so apols if repeating what others have said but....

Traffic Wardens in the beginning were an essential town centre tool. Their job was to keep the traffic flowing by making sure those who flout the laws are moved on or ticketed so they think before doing it again.

Sadly, as with a lot of other good ideas, they have become corrupted and are now nothing more than a revenue generating device.

In Birmingham they have fines targets, if they do not meet those targets they can be sacked. This leads to them ticketing where they used to get you moved on (I have been chased into the bank before now when stopping to get some cash, with the TW telling me to get the car shifted or I get a ticket, i shifted the car I did not get ticketed. I doubt that would happen now the council have control of ticketing).

On another occasion I was a few minutes late getting back before the end of restricted parking (it became no parking at 4.30) knowing the TW's were strict at starting ticketing on the dot and my car was on the end of the restricted zone. I sent my son back to the car whilst I stood in the queue to pay for the things we were buying.

The TW was indeed just about to start his ticketing when the son arrived and was about to start on my end of the restriction. My son explained the problem the TW said I'll start at the other end if its not gone by the time I get to this end It gets a ticket.

I gave the TW a wave as we drove away, without a ticket.

You would not get that these days as they do indeed hunt in packs and would have 6 or 7 people ticketing that area now and would have all cars parked there ticketed within 10 minutes.

I don't condone throwing things at them, it does not good, I don't condone talking to them, it does not good.

If you see someone writing you a ticket and its not on your car yet, get in the car drive away, its not served until its on the car or in your hand. Don't argue, get in drive away.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
YAWN!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
GOOD POINT MARVIN!

But i just had to throw it!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
have to say i'm with looney on this one

fair enough if you feel you've been victimised by some traffic warden, but having a go at someone just cos they happen to do the same job is pretty f-ing sad

oh and i hope you picked up your litter after you chucked it young man

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
..if I put my car on a yellow line (OUT OF HARMS WAY) at 6.00pm, I don't then appreciate getting a ticket at 7pm from a warden

Brovian said:
I too have seen a team of them descend on a residential road at 7:00am on a Sunday morning, ticketing cars parked overnight on superflous yellow lines. This was nothing to do with road safety or traffic management and everything to do with revenue generation.

Seeing as you can park on single yellow lines on evenings and all day Sunday I think you two are exaggerating to back up a shite argument. I too live in the Seven Dials and find it much easier to park now that all the selfish bastards from Legal and General aren't blocking up all the spaces. You think it was better when there wasn't residents' parking permits?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gasp...I agree with Looney on this one.

How sad, picking on people for doing their jobs.

If you park legally, traffic wardens won't bother you; if you don't, then they might. It's that simple.

If people didn't park illegally, there would be no need for them. End of.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Yep, I'm with Looney! Abusing a public official for doing their job is pretty low. If you don't like the rules why not have a go at the people that make them, not those earning a living to support their family etc. It's like abusing people in a utility call centre for high prices - pointless and rude.

The reason people do abuse TWs is because they are easy targets. Would you do the same to a copper because you saw someone being arrested for a crime you didn't think should be one? Thought not.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
byf, what do you do to policemen who try to stop you and your hoolie mates fighting (you're only having a laugh with like-minded people, I know), give them a good kicking?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Most of these traffic wardens are not control freaks but people on little more than minimum wage who couldn't get any other kind of job. Apart from the crap money and unsociable hours they contend with bad weather and idiots like byf who think they are above the law. They have my sympathy. To those who live in the centre of Brighton and complain there is nowhere to park - why didn't you think of that before you moved in then?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Normally I might have gone along (to a degree) with Looney. You're right, I see no problem with penalising selfish drivers but the Parking Wardens in Brighton are a case apart. They have a nasty habit of ignoring disabled stickers and other such facistic actions.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
BrightonBird said:
wHAT BUNCH OF LOSERS!

It's become worse since the council have taken over but I would rather see these guys doing a job then down the job centre.:clap:

The problem is that they are not adding to the total in employment they add directly to the number on the dole.

Let me give an example, it will make sense to those who know Birmingham more than it will anyone else.

Bristol St/Rd (it changes from Bristol St to Rd at a point along its length where it meets with the inner ring road, but it is the same straight road) It goes from the City Centre to Jctn 4 (Lydiate Ash) on the M5. 10 Miles or so of road, goes through places like Selly Oak, Northfield, and Longbridge on its way. There used to be 10 traffic wardens governing Selly Oak and it side roads. There used to be 10 traffic wardens doing Northfield and its side roads, there used to be 4 traffic wardens doing Longbridge and its side roads. There were other traffic wardens in-between. In fact there were around a total of 30 traffic wardens covering this one road (there are other wardens governing other bits like Rebury etc). Now you have 2 parking attendants on Motor scooters doing the whole road, supplemented by teams (5 or 6) bussed in at peak times (when parking restrictions end and they can make a big profit ticketing those who return at 1.05 pm instead of 1pm etc.)

Tell me how this has helped the employment numbers?

They are even less useful than Traffic Wardens as they are nothing more than automaton ticket machines. They cannot direct traffic if there is an accident. The cannot call up police support directly if there is a problem. They are not allowed to think, unlike traffic wardens.

I repeat abusing anyone just doing their job, even if its a job that causes you inconvenience is not the done thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here