Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He left for better wages and we got a fee

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I bloody well hope he was pushed out by the club rather than hanging around and then leaving for nothing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe that he wanted to stay but Knight wanted money for him now.

Therefore he was pushed out which explains why he ended up at Colchester. What is better for him - four months playing in the championship for a team which appreciates him and earning more money, or four months rotting in the reserves with the fans getting on his back because the Chairman thinks he is leaving?

Four months in the championship, performing well will surely alert other clubs.

I agree with all of this, but still do not lay blame at the club's door. Yes. I'm sure he was pushed out at the end, but that was really their only option.

Best all round for him and the club that he went now. It's the post Bosman reality, and it happens at every club in the county. Get used to it.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Of course he was pushed, if he wasn't we'd have got NOTHING for him in the summer. Instead we're quarter of a million richer.

Is there any controversy here?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stirring up a bit of hostility towards an ex-employer is a fairly frequent occurrence. It's not very professional and it's hardly the best way to exercise captaincy skills.

But, hey! It happens.

I hope it doesn't create any issues that linger on and affect future performances.

Indeed.

People who use Facebook more than me and/or are in the Brighton network may be able to confirm the following status that was on the site last night...

Jake Robinson wants people to know the truth behind the transfers

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Of course he was pushed, if he wasn't we'd have got NOTHING for him in the summer. Instead we're quarter of a million richer.

Is there any controversy here?
Indeed. I'm sure he'd rather have had time to go through all the offers at the end of the season and then picked the best one at his leisure. Well, tough. Whilst I don't begrudge him the move it can't ALL be about the players.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unfortunately Hammond (and/or his agent, but Hammond will have to take the fall) has been called on his assertion that he 'wanted the board to show more ambition'. They did, and he singularly didn't.

Did they?

The Murray signing aside I don't see the other dealings as HUGELY ambitious.

Yoda

English & European
I'm with Morris on this, the glass is half empty and I've yet to be convinced when you compare who's gone and who's come in so far over this season.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Perhaps the question should be, are we signing to many greedy players then? Apparrently Hammond and Savage are to greedy, and you may say the same for george O'C.

Then again if it was you as the player, what would you honestly do, negotiate a shit contract or a good one?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So what? What difference does that make? So did Zamora before we signed him, where is he now? So did Dave Kitson, where is he now? Shitloads of playes start off in the lower leagues then go on to better things.

And lots more have stuttered about the lower leagues...

ALSO,

Zamora etc were YOUNG and RAW.

I believe Thomson is in his late 20s.

Did they?

The Murray signing aside I don't see the other dealings as HUGELY ambitious.

Yeah you are right, signing the captain of a top-six SPL side and our most expensive cash signing for 25 years definitely AREN'T the signs of ambition.:thud:

Hammond clearly didn't show any ambition. He's signed up for 4 months of Championship action, in all liklihood followed by at least a year back at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here