Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was everyone on their best behaviour tonight?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don’t understand why we sing about Cantona, don’t get it and probably never will but to link the chant to being disrespectful to someone that passed away is a pretty big leap.

The fixture brings out some grade a weapons from both sides. We had one lot of Brighton trying to start something with another lot of Brighton, lots of handbags until they realised they supported the same team.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why are you elevating Cantona to cult status? Have you really got nothing better? Any reference to him will of course cause upset for Palace fans, who know how the Cantona thing led to Paul Nixons's death after the cup semi final at Villa Park. We were the first team to win a league game at the Amex, there was a dump on the floor. I agree dont let facts get in the way of hatred and ignorance. Take a look at yourselves, and remember the cheers when Glen was injured in the play off semi, the constant abuse for Wilf, which reached a low last night. Come on Billy dont be so blinded by the trolls. You're better than that

I’m sorry, but I will always laud Cantona for assaulting that low life, racist scumbag. It has nothing to do with Paul Nixon and everything to do with Matthew Simmons, who’s one of your own. This was news to me. Classy guy.

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/9016246.thornton-heath-cantona-kung-fu-kick-victim-matthew-simmons-sentenced-for-assault/

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I watched from the comfort of a mate's sofa last night but felt proper gutted not to have been there.

What's not to love?

Football at it's purest and most primal. Blokes drinking from early doors. Last minute limbs. Orrible songs. Skirmishes. Missiles and flares. Handbags and aggro between players and players on fans.

Best of all the online crying from all those upset about it all - especially from the scum :lolol::lolol::lolol:

The rivalry remains strong. Can't wait for January.

Yep. They were hiding behind those police vans at the junction and waiting as Brighton approached the ground. It seemed that they picked on a group of Albion fans who you could tell that while boisterous weren't some firm. I imagine that had two elements of both sets of supports happened to meet then it could have all turned very nasty.

Still, was nice not to be kept in at the end.

The few behind us looked like they usually go for it, but the OB stopped as they arrived in time. There were definitely the same with Pal*ce. Weren't really there for the game.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
They may as well pin the overall blame on Cantona's Mum for giving birth to him if they blame Cantona for this supporters death
Eric the King, the King

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here