Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was everyone on their best behaviour tonight?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I agree. It's classless.

And here's an unpopular opinion.

I like Zaha.

I like what he does in the community
I respect his opinions
I like that he gets the rivalry
I love that he is prepared to play the pantomime vilian
And let's face it, had he come through the Albion academy, I'd think he was a great player to have

I also love winding him up.

Yeah, i agree. But not sure how much its pantomime to him, he really hates us, I'm not sure he'd even want to chat to me if I met him away from the fans and revealed myself as a Brighton fan. He gets wound up and emotional so easy, take the Harry the Hornet thing as well. But great player who always turns it on against us - last night was one of his quietest games in a while though but he still managed to score

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think I’ve had a stroke reading this, no idea what you’re babbling on about or how you’ve came to that frankly bizarre conclusion.

There being good fans and bad at every club is a bizarre conclusion . . . yeah right. To be honest there are a few fellow Albion fans that l wouldn't want to come across on a dark night.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why are you elevating Cantona to cult status? Have you really got nothing better? Any reference to him will of course cause upset for Palace fans, who know how the Cantona thing led to Paul Nixons's death after the cup semi final at Villa Park. We were the first team to win a league game at the Amex, there was a dump on the floor. I agree dont let facts get in the way of hatred and ignorance. Take a look at yourselves, and remember the cheers when Glen was injured in the play off semi, the constant abuse for Wilf, which reached a low last night. Come on Billy dont be so blinded by the trolls. You're better than that

And there you have it.

I’ve been waiting for one of them to be clambering to the perceived high ground. As has been posted on this very thread, good and bad fans on both sides, personally, I wouldn’t sing the new Mr Tumble song, ever , but I will sing the Cantona song as the connection between that incident and the tragic death of Paul Nixon is convoluted at best.

If I was Palace, I would not sing any song accusing Dunk of being a nonce, as wouldn’t sing any song about Neil Shipperly, even though he was found guilty, unlike Lewis.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nearly saw a bit of bovver after the game along Holmesdale Rd. One cowardly gym bunny palace arse was going ballistic at a couple of our fans who had the temerity to walk along with what appeared to be home knitted scarves! Fair play as another palace fan got between them and defused the situation as quite clearly it was very one sided.

Pleased that we weren't kettled but surprised there weren't more Police on the route to Norwood.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why are you elevating Cantona to cult status? Have you really got nothing better? Any reference to him will of course cause upset for Palace fans, who know how the Cantona thing led to Paul Nixons's death after the cup semi final at Villa Park. We were the first team to win a league game at the Amex, there was a dump on the floor. I agree dont let facts get in the way of hatred and ignorance. Take a look at yourselves, and remember the cheers when Glen was injured in the play off semi, the constant abuse for Wilf, which reached a low last night. Come on Billy dont be so blinded by the trolls. You're better than that

Genuine LOL. Are you new to football?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Wilf 'party' song is unacceptable IMO, but no less so than your Dunk efforts.
Cantona is lauded for drop-kicking one of your lot, nothing more.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sounds like deflecting the fact, Cantona attacked Matthew Simmons after a racist comment...

Our fans singing that is nothing more than elevating Cantona to cult status in our eyes, it has nothing to do with Nixon whatsoever, as usual Palace fans are reinventing history, just like the shite on the floor, and they were the first team to beat us at the Amex, complete fabrication of the facts, but hey hoo, dont let facts get in the way of blind hatred and ignorance.

Pretty much what I thought when I first discovered this association in the minds of some Palace fans, however, my ignorance of that is gone, so for me, I won't do it anymore, I am not saying what anyone else should do, but if you want a Palace perspective here is a piece in the Athletic that made me decide to no longer join in.

https://theathletic.com/1542276/202...he-rarely-told-story-of-the-death-paul-nixon/

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There being good fans and bad at every club is a bizarre conclusion . . . yeah right. To be honest there are a few fellow Albion fans that l wouldn't want to come across on a dark night.

My post stated that a Palace fan pretending we chanted about Nixon and then patting themselves on the back for not chanting about Robert Eaton is weird behaviour. Dragging the names of two innocent people who died in tragic circumstances in to weird childish point scoring online is frankly pathetic.

How you read that and came out with some waffle about Brighton fans chanting about Robert Eaton if he supported Palace is bizarre.

And for the record, I don’t think Brighton fans would sing songs to mock the death of someone, in the same way we don’t now and neither do Palace. That’s the entire point

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I was only aware of the feelings about Paul Nixon and Cantona from yourself, I assure you it is not a commonly known association among Brighton fans. In the Playoff game, it was pleasing to see Murray leave the field, but I doubt any one wished him any long term injury, just enough to miss the second leg.
I can't imagine Zaha would be treated any better by your fans if he was our player,

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pretty much what I thought when I first discovered this association in the minds of some Palace fans, however, my ignorance of that is gone, so for me, I won't do it anymore, I am not saying what anyone else should do, but if you want a Palace perspective here is a piece in the Athletic that made me decide to no longer join in.

https://theathletic.com/1542276/202...he-rarely-told-story-of-the-death-paul-nixon/

I can honestly say I have never sung oh argh Cantona, I actually find stand up if you hate Palace during a game v Everton or whoever, lame to be honest as well, to me it at the time the kick was damn funny, and what followed was ultimately not, and I do not condone in any way, however there was a ripple effect all starting from Matthew Simmons, that can not be ignored.

As I have said before, I love to hate Palace, but ultimately I would rather have a chat with one of them than a plastic Manc or Liverpool fan from Croydon or Brighton.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
There was a 90’s era curtain haired bloke in a palace away top (I think he had the name ‘Stroud’ printed on the back of it) that was giving it large over the divide near the front. He was absolutely loving it after Zaha scored.

Fair play to him though, he clapped us after we equalised. Almost felt sorry for him.

It’s the first time I’ve been right next to the divide at a Palace away game and it was ‘bantz from beginning to end!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good grief. Why are you posting this shit on a Brighton forum the day after you were 1-0 up and ****ed it up ? It’s term time so get yourself off to lessons.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never seen so many attempts at picking fights with stewards, to be fair to them to they weren’t backing down. Some nice pushing and shoving all round

Also never seen home and away fans in the same toilets pre match, that was a bizarre moment

They were probably sizing us up.

Jan 30, 2008
We arrived at Norwood Junction, we went down the underpass and back up onto the other side, when we go there we were met with beer bottles being thrown, by Brighton fans (the one that nearly hit me was thrown by a fat prick with a BHA Amex shirt on), across the tracks onto the platform we were on heading for the exit. There were some truly special dickheads there yesterday proclaiming to be Brighton fans.

There was booing directly behind us for the knee being taken, then a bit later a half arsed attempt by the same morons to get a Zaha has Malaria chant going, thankfully they were shouted down quite promptly and didn't try it again. The Zaha party chant is utterly embarrassing.

How the **** do they all get tickets?

Relax it's all over now , btw it's not what you know but who you know
Regards
DF

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
We arrived at Norwood Junction, we went down the underpass and back up onto the other side, when we go there we were met with beer bottles being thrown, by Brighton fans (the one that nearly hit me was thrown by a fat prick with a BHA Amex shirt on), across the tracks onto the platform we were on heading for the exit. There were some truly special dickheads there yesterday proclaiming to be Brighton fans.

There was booing directly behind us for the knee being taken, then a bit later a half arsed attempt by the same morons to get a Zaha has Malaria chant going, thankfully they were shouted down quite promptly and didn't try it again. The Zaha party chant is utterly embarrassing.

How the **** do they all get tickets?

Getting tickets isn't the problem. The problem with these idiots is that they need a belly full of alcohol before leaving Brighton.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
So what do they make of Eric Cantona, on a recent Netflix documentary about Ferguson, and the BBC series on the Premier League, where in both Cantona proclaims;

"I ave no regrets, but the only regret I ave is that I didn't kick 'im 'arder."

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Presumably everyone at Palace ostracised Mathew Simmons immediately after the death for provoking the kick that started it all? Still persona non grata at Selhurst?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here