Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall: Top bloke I'm sure......

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
No what you mean about Byrne. And at least once a program, he gets a tedious comment in about his love of ManUre. Why do we need to be reminded on RadioSUSSEX?

Can't see this at all! JB is a class act. He was on the pitch for us (twice) and he is in the commentary box. There's no one else who comes close.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Aspinall scored a very good back header against us as well when he played for Portsmouth. He was an effective player in his time.....niggly little bastard though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I particularly liked his comment of " A goal is coming for the Albion and, when it comes, this lot will crumble , believe me, I can see the signs "

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I always liked Aspinall and thought he was a great little player on his day (anyone else remember that great goal he scored against us for Carlisle at the Goldstone?), but I don't think he has a future in the media...!

I was at Carlisle away when Warren scored. It was wet and he ran over to the small number of travelling fans, dived and slid for what seemed an age. When he got up there was a trench he had made in the pitch. Quality.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
f*** knows how he gets employed to do that, can't even get the names of any of our players right.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The anecdote about the nickname - how many attempts did he make to remember it?! I fear he has spent a bit of time on the sauce since his playing days...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the best thing about it is that he's one of our scouts!! haha!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I like Warren he is alright and appears to love us.

I liked the way he seemed proud to say we brought twice as many away fans to Ashton Gate as Pompey did!!

Ps they really don't get much cash for doing away commentry.

I loved the way he told us that he met Harry Redknap and informed him how good Dunk is....NOT

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It's great how Johnny Canter refers to 'Varn-ce-lorr' - with his French accent becoming more acute, while WA refers to 'Vince-er-lott'. Bless him!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Does anyone remember that rain soaked evening at the Withdean when the big man was running down the wing and belly flopped to avoid a challenge almost causing a tsunami!? :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Richard Gere is truly cringeworthy.

Still he's better than Camilin who is ridiculously (if necessarily) biased. Aspinall is not bad at describing the game I think, the names can be annoying but you know who he means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here