Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall: Top bloke I'm sure......

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Aspinall scored a very good back header against us as well when he played for Portsmouth. He was an effective player in his time.....niggly little bastard though.

Footballers: Too many headers 'can damage the brain'
By Michelle Roberts Health reporter, BBC News

Frequently heading a football can lead to brain injury, warn doctors who say they have found proof on brain scans.

Imaging of 32 keen amateur players revealed patterns of damage similar to that seen in patients with concussion.

There appears to be a safe cut off level of 1,000 or fewer headers a year below which no harm will be done, but the US investigators say more work is needed to confirm this.

Heading is believed to have killed the English footballer Jeff Astle.

Astle, 59, who died in 2002, developed cognitive problems after years of playing for England and West Bromwich Albion.

The coroner ruled that his death resulted from a degenerative brain disease caused by heading heavy leather footballs.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gotta love the Wazzler! Legend of the mis-pronunciation - he knows his stuff though and definitely the most entertaining. A legend not just of football, also of the aisles of the Saino's warehouse........

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He talks exactlly like me when I've polished off a bottle of Laphroaig.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Warren Aspinall is quality, yes he gets names wrong, he even said the word 'fanny' tonight but his knowledge and stories are second to none. Good analyst aswell!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
He is becoming a little more than just irritating.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
According to the Wazzler, Matlock is a great addition!

Shame that we never got to hear him wax lyrical about Matlock playing with Cook.

Seagulls 2012 = Sex Pistols 1976

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here