Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning Virus

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
Be careful- these are following in the wake of the 'I Love You' virus and are potentially damaging:

The Manchester United virus:
Your PC develops a disorder whereby the memory forgets everything before 1993.

The Man United shirt virus:
This one is especially hard to detect as it changes its format every 3 months.

The Schmeichel virus:
Your PC develops a hideous, large red dot in the middle of the screen.

The David Beckham virus:
The lights on your PC are all on but nothing works.

The Roy Keane virus:
Throws you out of Windows.

To read more go to http://www.jokefile.co.uk/numerical_order/1116.html

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
FFS that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old!

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
oh sorry, any suggestions for websites with some new, upto date, nov 2004 football jokes/quotes.....................that would be great...:nono:

:shootself

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lammy said:
FFS that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old!

what like YOU!

Give the bloke/girl a rest and explain politley why its old not rip into them OK?!

meant in the highest form of ribbing of course with NO malice intent! :)

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
:laugh: thank you..........................

Nice to see at least someone is getting into the weekend spirit.

:shrug:

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
girl by the way..............................:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
BtonBelle said:
girl by the way..............................:drink:

well you cant be too careful with Brighton can you ;)

Welcome :drink:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I hadn't heard them before. But there again I don't spend my life on NSC unlike some.....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Just realised I've posted 1245 times since April :dunce:

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
:) Thank you for your welcome's and a splendid weekend to you all :drink: :cheers: :drink:

:banana: :bhasign: :banana:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
So you should Lammy, go home and think about what you have done, i want a 250page assignment from you on my Thread monday morning about the correct way to meet and greet people in all diversitys of life!

ok I'm getting carried away now..NURSE....NURSE.....MORE MORPHINE IN MY DRIP PLEASE THANKYOU!

BtonBelle

Nov 17, 2004
Brighton
awwwwwwwww Lammy, no worries, you have a splendid weekend too :kiss: :drink:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The CORRECT way to meet and greet new people

By Lammy

When you have decided to attend an event or join a network, an important skill is knowing how to engage people when you first meet them. Meeting new people and making conversation can be daunting, but with a few simple techniques you will become more and more comfortable with each new event.

• Appear confident: There is an element of “fake it till you make it” here. Smile when you first meet someone and look him in the eye. Even if you don’t feel it, your smile and eye contact will show the other person you are friendly and confident.

• Be aware of your body language: Stand straight with your shoulders back. Don’t fidget with pens or your clothing. Keep your hands by your side if you tend to fidget. A smile, combined with good posture will boost your confidence.

• Introduce yourself first: Be brave. Walk up to an individual, or a group, extend your hand and say: “Hi, my name is Neen James. Nice to meet you.” Everyone will respond positively to your confidence and appreciate you making the first move. It will be a trigger for others to do the same.

• Shake hands: If you don’t know how to shake hands properly, learn. Some women, particularly those who haven’t been required to do it in business, can lack confidence with their handshake. Cultivate a firm handshake — not too hard, but just right. Look the person in the eye when you shake his hand and say his name out loud: “Hi Robin. It’s nice to meet you.” If you are unsure about shaking hands with someone, always extend your hand first. It is rude to not shake the hand of someone who offers his to you.

• Learn how to pronounce his name: When you encounter someone with a name that is difficult to pronounce, ask him to repeat it, spell it and say it again — and allow him to correct your pronunciation so you get it right. People will appreciate you taking the time to learn how to say their name properly.

• Use a person’s name several times when you first meet: This will help you to remember his name, which is a very personal way to communicate — and people love the sound of their own name!

• Learn conversational skills: Here a few questions you can ask anyone you meet for the first time:

What do you do?

Where do you work?

Where do you live?

Does it take you long to get from home to the office?

What inspires you?

What do you like to read?

What has been your most valuable business lesson?

• Ask people what they like to do in their spare time: Most people become energised when you ask them about their life outside of work. Watch their eyes sparkle as they tell you about the activities they most enjoy. Take the time to discover that people are far more interesting than their work.

• If you meet someone with an accent, ask where he is from: Find out something interesting about his country by asking:

How often do you go back to visit?

What do you miss most about that place?

Who is someone famous from there?

What food is that country famous for?

• If you are at an industry or charity event, ask how he had heard about the event: It’s a great icebreaker and allows you both to share stories of how you came to be at the event and what you hope to achieve by attending.

• Listen intently: Give the person you are speaking to your full attention. Use active listening techniques such as nodding, smiling and leaning towards him while he speaks. Ask questions about the topics you are discussing. People will appreciate your attention. It is very rude to look beyond the person you are speaking with or to look around the room for someone more interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here