Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning About What You Post On A Message Board

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You can press the little triangle beneath your post count and report to a mod. I hope you were not referring to my comment on that thread. It was a silly stereotypical jibe.

Sadly I think he might be :down: some people are just not cut out for NSC.

wuster

Apr 23, 2011
why should thinker have to block homophobic posts? This is outrageous and should not be tolerated, so if we come across a racist post then we should just block it? What a pathetic idea, I thought football was all for kicking out intolerance in ALL forms.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
why should thinker have to block homophobic posts? This is outrageous and should not be tolerated, so if we come across a racist post then we should just block it? What a pathetic idea, I thought football was all for kicking out intolerance in ALL forms.

By all means report outright racism, but you won't see any of that anyway. Far too any JCLs on this forum lately thinking it is theirs, go here for strictly PC football chat Brightonfans.com :: Brighton and Hove Albion fansite

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
No....that was all it was-and very little britain...can be queer and have a sense of humour...:thumbsup:

wuster

Apr 23, 2011
I don't think finding homophobia unacceptable makes someone an uptight prick but thinking that it's ok in any way, shape or form well what does that make you?

wuster

Apr 23, 2011
you've missed the point completely - outright racism and outright homophobia are the same thing in a different form, namely hatred and neither, in 2011, are acceptable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't think finding homophobia unacceptable makes someone an uptight prick but thinking that it's ok in any way, shape or form well what does that make you?

No, finding the little Britain comment offensive would have made him an uptight prick.

What does that make me? Someone who knows a lot of homosexual people, and who has never treated them any differently to anyone else?

What you JCLs do not get is that NSC would not be NSC without the occasional frank discussion on racism, immigration or homosexuality, very rarely will you see outright hatred, but generally posts with the sole intention of getting a reaction. Approach them in the right frame of mind and they can be entertaining.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Was referring mainly to the turd burglar,initial posting from psb and the chocolate chacha stuff..look-im sorry you clearly feel so threatened that you need me to not voice an opinion that differs from the laddish old school football fan and your only retort is to not be such an 'uptight prick'-to leave you to your world-view...but it is actually NOT okay and you are making far too many assumptions.this is hatred,even 'dressed up as humour' and is not okay.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Was referring mainly to the turd burglar,initial posting from psb and the chocolate chacha stuff..look-im sorry you clearly feel so threatened that you need me to not voice an opinion that differs from the laddish old school football fan and your only retort is to not be such an 'uptight prick'-to leave you to your world-view...but it is actually NOT okay and you are making far too many assumptions.this is hatred,even 'dressed up as humour' and is not okay.

Dont like it? Leave.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually hate the Scum from the west more than I hate Palace, and I come from the era when the Palace shit started.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Someone could say exactly the same to you though?

It's not your board any more than it is his :shrug:

But, but, but...he has so many opinions and surely that gives him the constant right of way. The most uncorkably verbose tend to be the rightest.

Sorry to read you've been insulted Thinker. We're a childish bunch, in general, and don't think before we type.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

it is easy to defend this kind of hatred by branding anyone who complains an "uptight prick" or part of the "PC brigade". These phrases can be used without thought or even logic for people to excuse themselves from the deeply unpleasant things they say when pulled up.

It is a sad indictment of our society that people think that this stuff is still excusable. It is a fair point though that this crap is part of NSC culture, does that mean we should put up with it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Someone could say exactly the same to you though?

It's not your board any more than it is his :shrug:

Of course its more his, he has a far higher post count................................but then yours is way higher than his??????.....I'm confused

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why should thinker have to block homophobic posts?

who said anything about blocking posts? its mentioned that you can report posts. Mods cant/dont read everything, we cannot expect them to. report it. if thats too much trouble then it cant bother you much beyond wanting a little whine about it (given you have registered just to chip in here i suspect you are a regular poster, presuably wanting to bait a responce from some).

...but it is actually NOT okay and you are making far too many assumptions.

i think you risk doing the same, not getting when people are sending up other postere views to highlight how stupid and childish they are. its a grown up board and we dont have sanitised over moderation of every little thing, its works itself out quite nicely.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

But people have told him it's 'not okay' in the thread. I'd much rather have a discussion board where people have the ability to expose themselves as the bigoted steretypical muppets that they are, only for them to be rightfully shot down by almost everyone else, than one where people have to tip-toe around anything that one person might find offensive. By allowing such words and attitudes on the board you are not condoning them, it just allows for much livelier place - if you don't like something someone posts then tell them so!

I've seen forums where moderators are very strict about what people can and can't say - and trust me, they're nowhere near as entertaining!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here