Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to vote Lib Dem but won't

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
About what? It's you that said Brighton Council was obstructive.

They only thing they said 'no' to was Archer & Bellotti's hair-brained scheme for a stadium at Patcham Court Farm.

They until falmer have never supported the club, in lots of things they obstructed the club. How about redevelopement of the Goldstone? the dog track, waterhall etc etc. The only time they liked the club was when we got to wembley so they could have a backslapping piss up

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They until falmer have never supported the club, in lots of things they obstructed the club. How about redevelopement of the Goldstone? the dog track, waterhall etc etc. The only time they liked the club was when we got to wembley so they could have a backslapping piss up

What business was it that Brighton Council had to do with the redevelopment of the Goldstone or any proposed development of the dog track - which incidentally was never a starter seeing as the (new) owners, Corals, didn't want a football stadium there?

Nothing - none of their business whatsoever. :facepalm:

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
What business was it that Brighton Council had to do with the redevelopment of the Goldstone or any proposed development of the dog track - which incidentally was never a starter seeing as the (new) owners, Corals, didn't want a football stadium there?

Nothing - none of their business whatsoever. :facepalm:

they blocked it, it was muted back in bambers day

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
they blocked it, it was muted back in bambers day

No, Brighton Council did no such thing, if nothing else because the greyhound stadium is in...

HOVE.

Besides, what's the issue? The club already had a ground at that time - it's when the club DIDN'T have a ground that a local authority needs to be judged, and Brighton & Hove City Council has, since the club's intention was announced, always been fully behind the stadium at Falmer.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is the real question I need to resolve.

I would vote LibDem on their current performance, but can I forgive Baker etc.?

My local LD candidate is Elgood, who was allegedly openly pro-stadium. But was this just words? Equally, is it fair he should carry the can for the actions of Baker and his dinner party cronies?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

My local LD candidate is Elgood, who was allegedly openly pro-stadium. But was this just words? Equally, is it fair he should carry the can for the actions of Baker and his dinner party cronies?

No 'allegedly' about it. Definitely a supporter - I just think he could and should have made more of a noise about it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Look at this and look at the date of it 7th May 1999, 11 years ago. If it wasn't for the Lib Dems I reckon we could have been playing in Falmer 7 or so years ago and have not had to waste millions of solicitors fees etc. Cheers Lib Dems, want my vote you can fcuk off.

Attachments

• 0,,10433~2737661,00.jpg
    0,,10433~2737661,00.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 118

Also the Conservative in Lewes seems like a good geezer and his brother or brother in law are on the board at the mighty stripes. He wanted falmer but has a cat in hells chance or beating Norm
Marc Sugarman is his cousin.

When Jason Sugarman had the chance, he never committed himself to supporting Falmer - only to supporting a stadium.

He never went further than this:-

rally3_0009.jpg

But, then again, he's tries to be all things to everyone. Despite turning up regularly to support hunt meetings in his constituency, he's currently trying to persuade local voters that he "hasn't yet made his mind up about repealing the hunting ban".

Paul Elgood was definitely open about his pro-stadium position. Here he is at the Lib Dem Conference, holding the banner:-

rally1_0009.thumb.jpg

Dandyman

In London village.
Also the Conservative in Lewes seems like a good geezer and his brother or brother in law are on the board at the mighty stripes. He wanted falmer but has a cat in hells chance or beating Norm

Sugarboy is a total opportunist. The Tories - Fatty Soames et al - opposed Falmer and did f*ck all to help us against Archer's asset stripping.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There are a few things more important than the stadium and Great Britain is one of them.

As I have even more experience than Lord Bracknell of living in a country being neutered by, in order, Attlee, Churchill, Eden, MacMillan, Home, Wilson, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown, I really feel I have no alternative than to vote LibDem.

Having the slippery Nick Herbert and a no-hoper called Lunnon as the Tory and Labour candidates in my constituency makes the choice easier. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in Lewes.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
There are a few things more important than the stadium and Great Britain is one of them.

As I have even more experience than Lord Bracknell of living in a country being neutered by, in order, Attlee, Churchill, Eden, MacMillan, Home, Wilson, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown, I really feel I have no alternative than to vote LibDem.

Having the slippery Nick Herbert and a no-hoper called Lunnon as the Tory and Labour candidates in my constituency makes the choice easier. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in Lewes.

Oh I agree 100% there are far more important things than the stadium, but you are assuming the Liberals would have been better than all of the ex-PM's you have listed. We have all seen at first hand how Liberal Democrats act in the actions of Belloti, Baker and LDC. Their actions speak far louder than any of Nick Clegg's words for me and show them in their true colours.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sugarboy is a total opportunist. The Tories - Fatty Soames et al - opposed Falmer and did f*ck all to help us against Archer's asset stripping.

You are right about Soames. He's our MP. Will never vote for him!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Look at this and look at the date of it 7th May 1999, 11 years ago. If it wasn't for the Lib Dems I reckon we could have been playing in Falmer 7 or so years ago and have not had to waste millions of solicitors fees etc. Cheers Lib Dems, want my vote you can fcuk off.

The local and national level lib dems in Brighton fully supported Falmer. Just because a few minnows in Lewes council were opposed to it, shouldn't cloud your judgement for a national election.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The local and national level lib dems in Brighton fully supported Falmer. Just because a few minnows in Lewes council were opposed to it, shouldn't cloud your judgement for a national election.

What and Baker wasn't a national figure, every time I turned on the TV and listened to the radio that bufoon was on it. Liberal Democrat run Lewes District Council abused community charge money by using it to pay their solicitors etc. against Dick Knight et al and locked out Lewes taxpayers out of a council meeting specifically to discuss that fact and their continual objection to the stadium, how is that democracy? How is that giving the people what they want (see the page from the Argus in 1999 above)? How can they possibly deserve my vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here