Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

" Want Falmer " --- Objection .

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Have now amended "sign in" .
Didn't realise there was a colon , and , a function to add comment afterwards .
Thankyou for pointing that out , Yorkie .

"Dancing Ninja" --- Was unable to reply to debate due to time
differential between Sydney & GMT . Online for about another 4 hours from now ( not really your timezone , I know ) .

I'm firmly in the belief that terracing should be dealt with in the planning stages rather than after the stadium is built . I see it as an important issue that shouldn't be swept under the carpet for
fear of losing a planning application . It enhances atmosphere
by an untold amount . As an aside , possable extra revenue through increased gate receipts from Away supporters wanting to experience standing freely in the first purposely-built stadium with terracing in the modern era could have a very positive effect on the club's bottom line . It would be quite unique .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Quite unique and not allowed if we want to progress into the higher leagues...

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I absolutely LOATHE all seater stadia and rejoice every time we play somewhere where there is still a terrace - and even more on my occasional visits to St Pauli when I can stand on a terrace with a pint of Hefeweizen in one hand and a lit firework in the other!

HOWEVER, at the moment we have a choice between an all seater stadium and no ground at all. We have battled for ten years to get it. And after all that I'd take a stadium with ARMCHAIRS in.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Who else noticed a new thread with 3 pages on it with 'Falmer objection' in the title and feared the worse?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I replied to another post for the first time in a couple of months .
After posting , I then noticed an added notice to my pseudonym
which stated that I , " Want Falmer " .
This is a clear case of editorial interference . I have never shown any support for the proposed stadium at Falmer . I could
never support a stadium that failed to cater for a substantial terracing area within the ground . I was always under the impression that this was a site which encouraged free speech and fair , honest & controversial comment , with plenty of unsubstantiated rumours thrown in . To add the slogan , " Want Falmer " , without first seeking my acceptance as to whether I agree to the editorial policy of this website smacks of
autocracy .

ALLSEATER STADIUMS ARE SOULESS .

Oh my giddy aunt :thud:

She suffers from terrible dizzy spells poor lass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here