Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walking in a Minteh wonderland

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A superb signing. Fast, direct, and causes opposition defences to double up on him creating more space for others. He also tracks back and defends strongly.
The goals will undoubtedly come. He'll get at least 8 goals this season.
One of our best signings and destined to be a great player.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think it is VERY harsh to judge any of our players against Ipswich, most had been on international duty, some had travelled large distances. Against a team much fresher who had no ambition to ever get more than 2 players ahead of the ball.
Just look at Liverpool and City, both looked way less than 100% one got lucky the other didn’t.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO he doesn’t justify staying in the team ahead of Adingra right now, he will of course come again but he’s not done enough to stay in the team ahead of a more established and proven performer and maybe a knock back from being dropped will focus his mind a bit.

His pace and skill aren’t in question, his decision making however definitely is and that is something that can be improved, and surely will be.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Way too long for our fans to stick with that in unison

The old elliot bennet runs down the wing for me tune may be possible but need a song with just 2 or 3 words for the masses to join in
Simon Aningra’s chant that now, been sung since his second or third appearance for us

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Minteh in the Eredivisie was successful in 50% of the take-ons he attempted.

In the Premier League his success rate is just 23.5%.

Not a criticism, but a reason to give him time to adjust and realise that he needs to use his teammates more, now that he is playing at a higher level.

He needs to try more bounce passes and quick one-two's. When he does, he'll be immense.
Out of curiosity, what would the successful % of take ons from someone like Saka, Mitoma or Doku?

Thanks.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Out of curiosity, what would the successful % of take ons from someone like Saka, Mitoma or Doku?

Thanks.
Last season,
Saka 40%
Mitoma 41.5%
Doku 51.5%

Last season, at home v Liverpool, Doku attempted 17 take ons and was successful 12 times.

That makes James Milner's experience of playing right back, when Doku was successful 5 times out of 7, look relatively benign.

Last edited:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Thought he was our worst player by distance tonight and there were a few candidates to pick from. Just ran in straight lines into defenders and very poor passing. Hopefully Rutter starts on the right on Sunday.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Sometime feel he’s too quick and his brain is playing catch up with his decision making once he gets the ball in his feet.

Got a high ceiling but he has to make better decisions on the ball and stop running straight at defenders.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Time to rewind the clock a little here and put him on the bench. Yes, he had a great pre-season and was rather good especially in the first two games, but this is not working. If someone would make a "highlight reel" of all his actions tonight, it would be a very difficult watch.

Right now we're pretty much torturing him by starting him every game, but I assume he played today because he's not planned to start against Nottingham. At least I hope so.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Need to come on late as a sub now for a good while.

He works really hard and his pace and power is really useful but needs some time out of the firing line. You could see him getting upset. Trying to hard and making all the wrong decisions. His first touch is an absolute calamity at times as well.

I think he will be great. But there are better options currently. In a way his big pre-season wasn't that helpful as it raised expectations a bit high. If he was a 8m purchase straight from Norway, we'd be happy to see him slowly get integrated. Probably best to think of him that way for a while.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Time to rewind the clock a little here and put him on the bench. Yes, he had a great pre-season and was rather good especially in the first two games, but this is not working. If someone would make a "highlight reel" of all his actions tonight, it would be a very difficult watch.

Right now we're pretty much torturing him by starting him every game, but I assume he played today because he's not planned to start against Nottingham. At least I hope so.
Said exactly the same about him starting tonight because there is no way he should be starting at the weekend. Adingra has to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here