Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walking in a Minteh wonderland

One of those threads where some reasonable criticism of a young talent seems to suddenly go all OTT

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's a bit Lua Lua at the moment, I said at Arsenal he's going to be a frustrating player for the fans. Started well at Everton until he had to go off. Particularly annoying last night when he pushed Enciso off the ball in one attack and ended up running into the defender for the 38th time without shooting or passing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's a bit Lua Lua at the moment, I said at Arsenal he's going to be a frustrating player for the fans. Started well at Everton until he had to go off. Particularly annoying last night when he pushed Enciso off the ball in one attack and ended up running into the defender for the 38th time without shooting or passing
You see I thought the opposite. I thought Enciso got in his way watching it on TV…

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Reminds me a little of how Baleba was last season. Everyone was stating how awful he was including RDZ who threw him under the bus. Now look at him!👍
This. And I think "who starts" is less important under FH than it was under RDZ, because we score more late goals now so are less reliant on taking an early lead. I also think FH makes better, more intelligent use of substitutes than RDZ usually did.

In some games it'll make more sense to start Minteh to tire out the full-backs before bringing Adingra to finish them off. In other games it'll make more sense to start Adingra in the hope we'll grab an early goal. On the evidence so far, I trust FH to make those decisions on a game-by-game basis and get it right more often than not.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
which is exactly what Enciso would have done anyway! (and did all game)

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Wonder if he’s got abit of LuaLua about him in the sense he’s useless from the start but may be a huge asset off the bench

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Blimey he's 20.

He started well last night then faded. Every game is good experience and we have great alternative options when he's off form. In a year or so's time he has the potential to be immense. Remember Baleba didn't look great at times last season, and now a year on he's next best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Blimey he's 19.

He started well last night then faded. Every game is good experience and we have great alternative options when he's off form. In a year or so's time he has the potential to be immense. Remember Baleba didn't look great at times last season, and now a year on he's next best thing since sliced bread.
☝🏻 This.

He should be sharing sub appearance at RW with Gruda for when March needs a break. He has been thrust into the team and has all the potential but we’re seeing the mistakes and rawness that should be ironed out in training, friendless, cup matches and U23 games because March and Gruda are crocked.

He’ll be awesome next season and will have some very good games this season but decision making and consistency will come in his twenties.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Blimey he's 19.

It's all confidence.
Take Rashford for instance, he's been sulking away on the left for Manure, then he's been told he's a very good boy and now he's scoring again.

We have to let the Albion youngsters grow and enjoy the football.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I like what I see, but feel like Minteh will benefit from a rest and start the next few games on the bench. Adringa and Mitoma should be the current first choice wingers, but one will have to play on the right.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sometimes can understand miss placed passes in attack when we are trying to create but coming out of defence every short pass has to be accurate. Not like last night defenders continually gaving ball away which would have been costly against better opposition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here