Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wages not paid!?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ban him. Please, that was f***ing wrong, an apology is not going anywhere near far enough.

No need.

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
A poor goal kick by Kuipers midway through the half was seized upon by Rowlands, who made progress into
the Albion area.

Brentford at home 1-2. MK had a shocking game...

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Girl Friday said:
A poor goal kick by Kuipers midway through the half was seized upon by Rowlands, who made progress into
the Albion area.

Brentford at home 1-2. MK had a shocking game...

Yep - it was MK worst game in an Albion shirt (other than the first one when he got subbed at half time!!) - I spent ages at Preston Park station explaining to smirking Brentford fans after the game that he rarely makes mistakes and it was just a one-off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watford away?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Girl Friday said:
Dear Easy 10
1. It is not the first time the players and staff have been paid late
2. Coppell does not rate MK whatsoever. He saw the debacle at Brentford (remember that game?) and has told BR that he will keeper number 1.
3. BZ had to go to keep QCs at bay and cover wages. In this instance the QC’s have to be paid upfront. The next round starts soon and Falmer is the priority.

Point 1. When were the players/staff last paid late ? I cannot recall ever seeing anything in the press before last Sunday stating this. What is your source for this information ? Is this a regular occurrence ? Who told you ? Its ok to blithely state on here that its not the first time, but it doesn't mean jack shit unless you can back it up with something.

Point 2. Are you seriously suggesting that Coppells whole opinion of MK is based on one performance against Brentford over a year ago ? If every player at the Albion had to operate under those terms, then I'm amazed he hasn't already slapped the whole squad on the transfer list for a poor performance somewhere down the line. SC has already said in the press yesterday that he has not decided whether MK or BR will be the number 1 yet, its down to them to show him who deserves the shirt. I for one do not take Coppell for a liar.

3. The Zamora sale may well have been necessary due to the ongoing costs with the Public Enquiry, I'm not disputing that. But I go back to point 1. We have NOT sold Zamora in order to meet outstanding salaries to players and staff. That is just tittle-tattle shit-stirring, If the club was that much on the breadline, it would be common knowledge by now and not just idle summer speculation to stir up a bit of anti-Knight propaganda.

Last edited:

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10
Point 1. If I told you who told me the friendship would be over. The players distrust Naylor more than we do. It was last season, about half way through
Point 2. An opinion has to begin somewhere. SC’s of MK began at the Brentford game. How or why it has gathered momentum is unknown. SC is not going to publicly say he doesn’t rate MK. It’s called PR, not lying
Point 3. DK has said the money will go towards keeping QC’s at bay. There is a pot of money at the Albion. The where it comes from (Skint, Sky, Bobby, whatever) isn’t actually that important. The how it is spent is. Next month the player’s wages have to be paid on time. I refute your claim that I am shit stirring. I am a friend of DK and if I had that much spare time I would be wandering over The South Downs and not spewing out shit on here.
Regards

Jul 6, 2003
shoreham
the only way this subject is going to be put to bed is by me or someone asking the question at the fans forum,i for one don't believe we have money trouble this early in the season.so sorry you are shit stirring and don't believe everything you read in the press.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
One question for you.

Why does it matter? Are any of you paid by the club and therefore had late wages?

paid late or not they were paid that is surely all that matters.

This is such a non story that has been spun out of all proportion by those who for what ever reason want too spread gloom and despondency.

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Marvin, fair point
I am not paid by the club, but someone very close to me is. I am slightly worried. It’s a topic for discussion, but the people running our club are good people. That is what matters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here