Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wages are a big problem

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The point does stand up though, we cannot just start paying huge wages in this league to the tune of 23k. That would be ridiculous, especially given players are asking for longer contracts nowadays.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jack Cork is also on about £23k a week at Saints. He was on loan at Burnley last season, and was happy to return, but Burnley would not go above £12k a week so it was a no brainer.

There is no way we can (or should) be competing at that wage point.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We can't just start spunking 20k p/w on players now, we need to grow organically and that includes our wage structure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
El Presidente;4565991. There is no way we can (or should) be competing at that wage point.[/QUOTE said:
I agree that there is no way that we can compete with those wages at the moment but inevitably we shall have to soon if TB and Gus are to achieve their aim of Premier football.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We can't just start spunking 20k p/w on players now, we need to grow organically and that includes our wage structure.

Putting the sicknote aside, yes I do agree with this. Maybe in three or four years time we will be paying wages like that for two or three very, very good players, maybe exceptional players.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree that there is no way that we can compete with those wages at the moment but inevitably we shall have to soon if TB and Gus are to achieve their aim of Premier football.
we can compete with most in this league.the thing most in this league can't afford most of the players they have,most are taking big big risks.

How on earth can ipswich afford such players?i bet our income is miles ahead of them.I wish sonething could be down about these hideous wage demands.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How on earth can ipswich afford such players?i bet our income is miles ahead of them.I wish sonething could be down about these hideous wage demands.

its a gamble isn't it...

spunk a shit load of money to try and get promoted, then you will be sorted when the payday comes in the season after, subsidising the overspending from the season before.

fail to get promoted, go into administration and pay back 1p in every £1. sorted.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
23K a week is just stupid money. 23K a month is still too much for kicking a ball around imo. If it is a choice between paying ridiculous amount of money on player wages in the first year after promotion or staying in the Championship for a few years longer, then I'm quite happy to watch Championship football for a few years.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
its a gamble isn't it...

spunk a shit load of money to try and get promoted, then you will be sorted when the payday comes in the season after, subsidising the overspending from the season before.

fail to get promoted, go into administration and pay back 1p in every £1. sorted.

The penalty for going into administration should be automatic demotion + a 10 points deduction for the next season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
23k a week in the Championship is a joke. There is no way we should be paying that to any players and I sincerely hope we aren't.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I love it when people speak with great authority on how much players are getting paid.

Saw something last week (might have been on here actually) that Vicente was on £35k a week. Now I find that very hard to believe but I wouldn't have a clue if it was true or false.

In reality who actually knows? The player, his agent, the chairman, the manager (maybe) and the HR/finance people.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well if that sicknote Vicente f***ed off then that would free some up.

thats harsh.

I mean "he is fit, just lacks match fitness", "but we dont want to risk him in a reserves team game when he will regain his fitness and he is not ready for Saturday just yet as he is not match fit" oh and "he is fit, but has a niggle, and lacks match fitness, but i dont want to risk him playing for the reserves and he wont be available for Saturday" Eeesss compicated.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am surprised that some clubs get the revenue to pay the high wages, with all the financial doom and gloom it is clear that poeple cannot afford to go to games as much as they used to.
Looks and sounds from here that things are about to get worse as well.
With falling attendances how will clubs afford to pay so much.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We should be PAYING £230k a week if NEEDED to the RIGHT player we are NOT a noddy club RUN by a potless pillock anymore.

Disagree. We need to stick to a formal wage structure. Especially as its the biggish name sicknotes who are most likely to bust it. Say NO to wage MELEE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here