Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wages are a big problem

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If Ronaldo WANTED to pitch up in January and wanted £230k a week then WE should pay IT

ron1_350x475_530725a.jpg

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
we can compete with most in this league.the thing most in this league can't afford most of the players they have,most are taking big big risks.

How on earth can ipswich afford such players?i bet our income is miles ahead of them.I wish sonething could be down about these hideous wage demands.

I've always been a fan of a salary cap. The problem is the larger clubs would never agree to this. It's one of the reasons I don't follow premiership football, in fact if it wasn't for a historical love of the Albion I wouldn't follow the game at all. In English rugby their is a salary cap-although to be fair the 'bigger' clubs would put an end to that if they could.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there a wage based on turnover brought in by the FL whereby you could only pay a certain % of your total income for wages. I suppose some clubs either side and not too far from us would get around this by paying £10k a week expenses. I believe that a club going into administration should automatically be relegated to Div 2 and start next season with a 10 pt deficit, if in Championship or Div 1 but if in Div 2 revert back to the old days of seeking re-election, whereby the chairmen themselves can determine whether or not they are fit to remain in the league. I am sure Barry Hearn would express a view if he was in the position to vote on offending clubs.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Christ, looking through the Ipswich squad and it is incredible how many players they brought in this summer and the quality of them. They really should not be 20th.

Just proves that wages are not the problem, they pay a fortune and are 20th, players desire and hunger is what we need not ones looking for a big payday or has beens on the drop - I trust Tony Bloom to get value for his money and not overpay players with a bigger ego than their talent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
23k a week for a Championship player? We'll be in admin in no time if we start paying those wages. I'd be worried if we are playing players half that.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
23k a week for a Championship player? We'll be in admin in no time if we start paying those wages. I'd be worried if we are playing players half that.

I agree, it is ridiculous to think we might be paying anyone anything like that. A steady run in the Championship for two or three seasons should set us in good stead, to have the extra money from the Amex gate. Maybe then, we could buy that luxury player that could make the difference.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasnt there a wage based on turnover brought in by the FL whereby you could only pay a certain % of your total income for wages. I suppose some clubs either side and not too far from us would get around this by paying £10k a week expenses. I believe that a club going into administration should automatically be relegated to Div 2 and start next season with a 10 pt deficit, if in Championship or Div 1 but if in Div 2 revert back to the old days of seeking re-election, whereby the chairmen themselves can determine whether or not they are fit to remain in the league. I am sure Barry Hearn would express a view if he was in the position to vote on offending clubs.

I would go further than that , Championship clubs going into administration are relegated to League 2 the following season and start on -20 , League 1 clubs also relegated to League 2 the following season but start on -40. League 2 clubs going into administration to be expelled and drop 3 tiers down the pyramid but no points deduction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here