Yay or Nay?

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
A big fat massive Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes only if they are stuffed up the arse of the TWATS blowing the f***ing things.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bloody constant, all game long. No variety.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Devil's plastic.

Back in the 70's at Canadian Football League games they were called Bull Horns and were equally irritating-and the whole crowd didn't blow the bastard things for the whole f***ing game. You may have guessed that I hate the bastard things.

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
At first, I thought they were a great bit of fun, being individual to this tournament.

But it seems they're overpowering it, same old, same old.

I woke up this morning with buzzing in my ears after just two bloody games.

So from me, it was a yes, but now it's a nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't mind the sound - it's just that it completely blocks out any proper atmosphere at the match. Today the South Korean fans were making a decent atmosphere but you could only just hear it over some mindless repetitive din which has nothing to do with the game going on. It just seems like the sort of thing that people who don't really like football might think makes a cracking atmosphere but is actually just rather rtedious.

Hot Gossiper

Jun 26, 2008
Sick of them after one game, please tell the England/sheffield band to piss of as well! theres only so many times someone should be made to endure the great escape!! :angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They even blow them during the national anthems!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Im more concerned if they easily distract the teams, the vuvuzela's only stop when a goal is scored. It would be a bit of a shame if they were banned but I wouldn't be surprised if fifa weren't pressured by complaints of the bloody things.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The Argentina v Nigeria game seems not to be so Vuvuzelary, or have I just got used to them?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Fun at first, but you cant hear any chants, very few oooooos' or ahhhhhhhs' and they just become a monotone buzz, so none of the atmosphere is conveyed onto the TV. I think the commentators would be smart to just silence the game and talk over silence, i'd find it more enjoyable because right now I just mute it, hoping the England/USA game will be better as tickets must surely have been elusive.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Fun at first, but you cant hear any chants, very few oooooos' or ahhhhhhhs' and they just become a monotone buzz, so none of the atmosphere is conveyed onto the TV. I think the commentators would be smart to just silence the game and talk over silence, i'd find it more enjoyable because right now I just mute it, hoping the England/USA game will be better as tickets must surely have been elusive.

Agreed.

Dont bank on the England game being Vuvu free - Cat 4 tickets (the cheapest) were only available to South Africans. If they drown out the England fans, then I will go off them completely.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Argentina v Nigeria game seems not to be so Vuvuzelary, or have I just got used to them?

You are getting used to them:angry:

They are destroying the atmosphere at every game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't mind the sound - it's just that it completely blocks out any proper atmosphere at the match. Today the South Korean fans were making a decent atmosphere but you could only just hear it over some mindless repetitive din which has nothing to do with the game going on. It just seems like the sort of thing that people who don't really like football might think makes a cracking atmosphere but is actually just rather rtedious.

Said it better then I could, the sound isn't that annoying, the fact that is blocks out all of the atmosphere is a real SHAME. It sounds like they're doing it to piss anyone whose watching from home off....and ruining the effect crowd atmosphere can have on a game. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here