• Trendy

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Pikey

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As with trendy things it was 'trendy' until everyone started wearing it and people started wearing the fake stuff. Now it's just passe.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Very pikey, some retailers dont even know the difference between fake and genuine the real stuff is such poor quality.

Almost as bad as Evisu

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
More chavvy than a Chrystal Phallus fan in a Burberry painted Ford Fiesta (MK2,Stereo to full , The Streets blaring out), wearing top to toe market purchased rip-off clothing and bling (from Argos)

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Just dont get designer gear anymore.

when i was younger I wouldnt think twice about spending £55 on a YSL shirt , I look back now and think I must have been mad!!!

Fred Perry is about the only named clothing I buy these days, good quality and a reasonable price, other than that im a Matalan Man

yes I think I am turning into my Dad!!,, now where did I put my pipe and slippers?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Apparently it costs about 75p to manufacture a Von Dutch cap.

I've seen them selling for about £75.

Mugs

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I walked through crawley town centre this lunch time and saw some young single mum chavs with big gold hoop chav earings wearing von dutch t-shirts. I think that says it all

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Soton Seagull said:
What gets me is who decides what is suddenly a trendy brand? From a nothing company to an overnight success so often, just for having somebody else's name written on you????

yes I always think that. Puma is a popular brand now ,but I remember when I was at school ,you got laughed at for wearing it! how times have changed

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mr Popkins said:
yes I always think that. Puma is a popular brand now ,but I remember when I was at school ,you got laughed at for wearing it! how times have changed

The best example of this is Gola. My mum bought me Gola footie boots and I got the piss ripped for being poor, Now to buy some gola trainers not to dissimilar to those I owned back in the day will set you back 75 quid

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
tinx said:
The best example of this is Gola. My mum bought me Gola footie boots and I got the piss ripped for being poor, Now to buy some gola trainers not to dissimilar to those I owned back in the day will set you back 75 quid

You are so right.. .I saw a fine pair of Dunlop green flash trainers in Manchester this lunchtime in a v trendy shop. We used to get laughed at for wearing them...maybe because I had black laces...!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
tinx said:

reminds me of a story a friend told me of a friend of his. He was in france (i think) trying to buy some dope (i think) anyway he got taken somewhere deserted and got a severe kicking from a few guys.

as he was lieing on the ground getting severely beaten and kicked in the face apparently he still couldn't help thinking 'who wears GOLA trainers?' as one of aforementioned trainers slammed into his face:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here