Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Volunteers required, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid I'm all committed up this weekend but posters are going up in the Moulescoomb uni buildings and flyers will also be placed in the canteen lunch tables next week.
xx

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be there on 24/4.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm afraid I'm all committed up this weekend but posters are going up in the Moulescoomb uni buildings and flyers will also be placed in the canteen lunch tables next week.
xx

Do we have any idea how effective this sort of thing is? I'd just be surprised if this would bring a single extra person along who was previously not coming. I'm not sure if I were a student I'd give up a Friday night on the beer to trek over to Lewes to see a low quality football game between 22 (to 40) people I don't know.

Note: I'm NOT criticising, I'm just interested.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Do we have any idea how effective this sort of thing is? I'd just be surprised if this would bring a single extra person along who was previously not coming. I'm not sure if I were a student I'd give up a Friday night on the beer to trek over to Lewes to see a low quality football game between 22 (to 40) people I don't know.

Note: I'm NOT criticising, I'm just interested.

More for staff to be honest, there's plenty of them about.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Given the past binfest on player selection and the fact that some of them have been sponsored, it would nice to think that more than 3 or 4 out of a squad of 18 will get off their arses and hand out these flyers in exchange for the honour of playing in this match.

Well, more than three or four have done so EVERY other year I have been involved so no reason to think they won't this year.

SAKE.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't have a clue what anyone in the squad is planning but people should probably understand that their planning may not solely involve NSC, just because they haven't posted on here doesn't mean they won't be there helping out.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Has anyone thought about asking Buckinghams/the club if posters (in weatherproof sleeves) can be pinned in strategic places on the hoardings at Falmer?
eg gates, viewing holes etc.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Any more...?

Now come on.

Here's 19 nailed-on volunteers, I would have thought, TLO. (Well, 17 as Ward and Marlowe are admittedly too far afield).

1 Griffin
2 Walmsley
3 Healey
4 Edmonds
6 Phillips
7 Buss
8 Ward
9 Marlowe
10 Mendoza
11 Mellor
12 Barrett
13 Evans
14 Martindale
15 Jenkins
16 Coleman
17 Kane
18 Morris
19 McCarthy

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ned and Yorkie will be there at 2.30 pm Al.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thaught we were handing out leaflets before the Bristol Rovers game?

Ive got work today but I will be there for the Rovers game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Both games.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bit late but ill be getting to the match early today and would be happy to hand out some leaflets, PM me

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Here's 19 nailed-on volunteers, I would have thought, TLO. (Well, 17 as Ward and Marlowe are admittedly too far afield).

1 Griffin
2 Walmsley
3 Healey
4 Edmonds
6 Phillips
7 Buss
8 Ward
9 Marlowe
10 Mendoza
11 Mellor
12 Barrett
13 Evans
14 Martindale
15 Jenkins
16 Coleman
17 Kane
18 Morris
19 McCarthy

So, was there a bit of squad bonding down at Withdean this afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here