Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes & Smithy

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think we can make a final judgement on the pairing on 27 minutes of them together. However, I wasn't impressed by what I saw. They were unable to read each others' passes and runs. Inividually they were doing good stuff - vokes getting flick ons, and cms using his pace to beat the defenders, they jut weren't getting the ball to each other.

Maybe that is why neither the Albion or Boro wont find themselves in the premier league next season. ie the lack of a real quality front man.

Did you make a banner for some ipswich fans?

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Neither of them are scoring enough they are letting the team down.

You couldn't be more wrong. If you look at the stats of the top 9 teams and the number of goals scored by their respective top three scorers, if you ignore Lambert(Saints) and Phillips(Blackpool), then our top three are scoring the same number as all the other teams.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I like CMS a lot, but I think a player like Emnes would suit our style of play more.

In fact I'd happily have him and Bailey in our side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a great fan of Vokes as I think that he offers nothing to the team and if you look at the situation at Wolves and WBA . West Brom had injuries and immediately called Reyes back. Wolves are bottom of the league and probably going to get relegated because they cant score goals but made no attempt to call Vokes back and I think that speaks volumes of his goal scoring ability.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You couldn't be more wrong. If you look at the stats of the top 9 teams and the number of goals scored by their respective top three scorers, if you ignore Lambert(Saints) and Phillips(Blackpool), then our top three are scoring the same number as all the other teams.

exactly, look at reading, their top 3 scorers are joint on 7 goals, they don't exactly have a prolific goal scorer do they? whereas barnes has 13 and CMS has 10 for us, they are doing pretty well, we just don't have a prolific goal scorer, along with the majority of the division. That does not make them 'league 1 players'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 fowards and 2 wingers = better team
Is the right answer.
But leaving any 2 from Bridcutt/Barnes/Nav/Vicente/Rasak to hold the midfield just isn't going to work.

I felt Rasak after THE performance v Ipswich was the missing piece of the puzzle, but not according to Gus.

If we aren't going to play 2 & 2 against one of our major competitors when we are 1-0 down, we never are going to.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I saw promise. CMS and LuaLua perked the game up for us. CMS and Vokes were in the right places, just looked like a classic they need time to figure each other out scenario.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Might be a tad premature to bump this before the bulk of the fans who were at the game have returned, but any further opinions or revisions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here