Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes & Smithy

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
First time they have both been on the pitch together I think? What do we reckon then? I thought they looked good together, Vokes flicking the ball on, interchanging well, created a couple of half chances between them with Vicente linking well on the break. Like to see more of the pair?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
First time they have both been on the pitch together I think? What do we reckon then? I thought they looked good together, Vokes flicking the ball on, interchanging well, created a couple of half chances between them with Vicente well on the break. Like to see more of the pair?

I thought it was poor. CMS isn't that great at beating a player or putting a ball in, and we lost our shape, giving them a lot of space from where Barnes would have been. Restricts the wingers+full backs a lot more

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I worry about CM-S. I think he need's a great big hug and a cuddle and to be told he is loved. I certainly love him. Alas I think it is highly unlikely he will be with us next season which is a crying shame for me.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
First time they have both been on the pitch together I think? What do we reckon then? I thought they looked good together, Vokes flicking the ball on, interchanging well, created a couple of half chances between them with Vicente linking well on the break. Like to see more of the pair?

Neither of them are scoring enough they are letting the team down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First time they have both been on the pitch together I think? What do we reckon then? I thought they looked good together, Vokes flicking the ball on, interchanging well, created a couple of half chances between them with Vicente well on the break. Like to see more of the pair?

When he came on, CMS was pretty effective at skinning his man on the wing, but if thats to be his new role then his final ball was atrocious. As for an interplay with Vokes, how the hell does anybody know where CMS is going to be at any given moment? Sometimes you can run about TOO much IMHO. That's why the manager is so loathe to take off Barnes. Players know EXACTLY where to find Barnes when we're on the attack - dead centre, about a foot back from the penalty spot.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CM-S from hero and the new messiah to warming a bench for 70 minutes every game. Can't be good for his confidence which I think shows.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Vokes has 3 in 6 starts. 50% is the benchmark for a striker.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I worry about CM-S. I think he need's a great big hug and a cuddle and to be told he is loved. I certainly love him. Alas I think it is highly unlikely he will be with us next season which is a crying shame for me.

We should have let Reading have him , he does not fit in to the Gus way of playing the game.I hope he is not with us next season,the problem is who is going to want a striker that only scores 10 or 11 goals in a season at this level,he only scored 7 for posh at this level

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn't work for me. But you have to try these things. I actually think CMS will come good next season, playing a different role between midfield and forward.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I fail to see how anyone could think that their time on the pitch showed promise. Personally, think CMS should have stayed on the bench and leave Buckley on.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
We should have let Reading have him , he does not fit in to the Gus way of playing the game.I hope he is not with us next season,the problem is who is going to want a striker that only scores 10 or 11 goals in a season at this level

Well Gus should change it then as he sold the club to CMS and told him we'd build a team aroiund him not him fit into how we play.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still believe in Craig and think in the right team he could catch the championship alight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here