Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virtual seat view thing

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ive downloaded the unity web player and all the stuff.

what does it do after this? As this utility is on there but I go back onto the website and its asking it to be installed again.

anyone else had this?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

what does it do after this? As this utility is on there but I go back onto the website and its asking it to be installed again.

anyone else had this?

yeah same here, its not working for me...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't make it work, can someone post a screenshot of the seats immediately behind the press box - WSL please?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

anyone else had this?

That's what I got in IE6

Firefox works but I can't move around the concourse

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just looking at the Upper West concourse on the viewer now. It's all a bit 'breeze block and steel', I wonder how representative this is of what we are going to get, as it seems a long way removed from both the warm and welcoming concourses that have been alluded to and some pictures that were bounced around (of a Palace bar, possibly).

Just looking at the Upper West concourse on the viewer now. It's all a bit 'breeze block and steel', I wonder how representative this is of what we are going to get, as it seems a long way removed from both the warm and welcoming concourses that have been alluded to and some pictures that were bounced around (of a Palace bar, possibly).

Of course it's going to be breeze block and steel, it's a football stadium. Anyone who really believes the main concourses are going to contain leather sofas and shag pile carpet is living in a dream world.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've just noticed on the pic I posted of one of the bars.

The badge is back to front on the pumps!
IT OUT!

attachment.php

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Am I allowed to say that I am a little underwhelmed by this? would have liked the opportunity to go to a specific seat reference rather than a generic block and then try and 'visualise'.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Am I allowed to say that I am a little underwhelmed by this? would have liked the opportunity to go to a specific seat reference rather than a generic block and then try and 'visualise'.

I agree, at first I thought it was amazing, but having looked on it. I'd prefer to select the row that I am in, not just any generic row/block.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

it's probably possible but i would think very time consuming and expensive to write the program.

i think it's great :shrug:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can you get a decent view of the countryside from any of the seats?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can you get a decent view of the countryside from any of the seats?

Upper west is basically the only place you will.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

There don't seem to be many places to rest your pint and I can't see any ashtrays either :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yep I agree. no reflection on the great stadium, but this seems like a relatively cheap bit of software to me and doesn't do anything for the look of the stadium which I think will be loads better than represented here. I guess it serves a purpose in showing the rough view, but it would have been good if you could at least select a row within a block, accepting that perhaps an actual seat view would be over the top.

Also out of four pc's and laptops I can only get it to work on one, and don't really know why.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The big grey blocks opposite the bars in the WSU are actually windows.

You get a great view of Moulsecombe from there - hence why they're grey blocks in the virtual programme thing.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

My thoughts too. It has definitely been stressed on numerous occassions that the concourses would not be breeze block and would be nothing like the typical run of the mill drinking areas. The pictures on here are identical to all the other concourses I've been too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here