Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo says farewell

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Glad he is off. Will free up some wages for a better player.

How we got £1.5million for him is beyond belief. Why we signed him back is up there with it though...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Glad he is off. Will free up some wages for a better player.

How we got £1.5million for him is beyond belief. Why we signed him back is up there with it though...

Yeah, why we signed an experienced lower league centre back for free defies all sane logic.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Assuming a deal has already been done and it's for money why would we risk his involvement today having been out of the picture for so long? Suggests to me that no deal has been done but he Poyet wants him to seen to be involved in case someone is interested??
I don't think it will be for money. I think he'll go on a free.

He's probably one of the highest paid players, so getting him off the wage bill would make good sense, if we are looking at bringing in some "proper" players next month. (and that's not a dig at Virgo)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Virgo is off to Norwich and Cox on loan to Aldershot - so I've heard.

Off to Aberdeen.

hmmmm .....................Aberdeen .................managed by a certain Mark McGhee...............who has a record here......... last known to have conned/offloaded AV to his mate Gordon Strachan at celtic for £1.5 million........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was not my cup of tea but I wish him well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be sad to see Virgo go but if we sign another centre half, as is expected by most of us, then he would be behind Elphick, Tunnicliffe, the new centre half and probably El Abd so can't afford to be fifth choice in his first position. If someone like Norwich or Millwall is really interested and we can get a bit of money, then even better.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Because he left for more money and thought he was a better player than he really is, he was out of his depth going there and he knew it, but still went ahead with the transfer because of his wages. It went pair shaped and thought, I know, I'll go back to Brighton and everything will be hunky dory and it’ll kick start my career.
No Adam, you’ll be road sweeping!

What nonsense!

So, in your opinion, he should have said to Strachan, "Sorry Gordon, I love the idea of being paid far more than I am now, but I'm not good enough, so I'll stay at Brighton."?

Which planet do you live on? It can't be this one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He is a good experienced central defender, which we need at least one of... not sure it will be him...

Andrew Lipscombe

Dec 29, 2009
Hastings
Shame to see him go, he has not been at his best at the back this season. Then who has ? I see that the moaning of some sections of the crowd translates to this site. What a pity, I would like to see any of the moaners do their jobs with people having a go at them all the time. We often wonder why the crowds are small (poor football is one), I have sat in different bits of the South Stand and if I wasn't a loyal fan I would be put off coming. Chin up Virgs if it is the last we see of you good luck in the future. If not head up and play for the fans and your pride.:thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i can't be bothered to reply to any one specific idiotic post on this thread other than to say i wonder why so many players feel under immense pressure with some of the so called "fans" comments and ideas proposing sweeping the streets ffs!

if you do read this adam, good luck wherever you are off to - i hope you wil get some appreciation for the hard graft you will undoubtedly put in. and thank you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure what Happened to Virgo, He was on course to be a decent centre back before he was played up front. I know it wasnt his fault but I think thats what ruined him

to cocks like Jamie and others who clearly must have been too young to remember or too stupid to understand football, the above explains alot. at 22 he was potentially one of the best players we had, no one thought he was the finished article and jumped at a £1.5m. why play him up front instead of at the back? because thats what we had to do with our budget and it worked ok for a bit (and it's what Mcghee liked to do). but playing players out of position, unless they are exceptional, usually leads them being average all rounders who get caught out by changes in the squad. when he came back and had neither gained a wealth of the experience and had lost some pace, and naturally had certain expectations following time at a big club. he's struggled to fit in where other players have been better at individual roles at times, and being pushed around into every position under Adams (who will rue that he had already brought in Hawkins and didnt give Virgo a proper run)

good luck to Virgo and I hope we see him fulfill his potential.:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here