Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo has gone to Celtic!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Sancho can be as good in defence and CKR is as good in attack, then I suppose it makes sense when you're skint.

Albion Rob

Let's be rational here, he played the majority of last season as a striker and scored about eight goals. Not a very good return in my eyes. £1.5 million for a player who played up front and scored eight goals. I'll have some of that....

Be honest, when he got the ball up front, did you expect him to take a player on or clip a ball through? No, he was physically strong but there are more of his type about in that position (although sadly not at our club).

Now, as a defender, that's different, I really liked seeing him play in front of Butter with Hinsh.

However, we now have Dodd and have El Abd who will be a year more mature as well as Dolan who is apparantly excellent if he can stay injury free.

No doom and gloom here. Virgs is a good lad and a Brighton boy and I wish him all the best - both for his contrbution for the past two seasons and for swelling the club's bank nalance considerably.

:clap2: :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dougdeep said:
If Sancho can be as good in defence and CKR is as good in attack, then I suppose it makes sense when you're skint.

thats a very large IF

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Albion Rob said:
Let's be rational here, he played the majority of last season as a striker and scored about eight goals. Not a very good return in my eyes. £1.5 million for a player who played up front and scored eight goals. I'll have some of that....

Be honest, when he got the ball up front, did you expect him to take a player on or clip a ball through? No, he was physically strong but there are more of his type about in that position (although sadly not at our club).

Now, as a defender, that's different, I really liked seeing him play in front of Butter with Hinsh.

However, we now have Dodd and have El Abd who will be a year more mature as well as Dolan who is apparantly excellent if he can stay injury free.

No doom and gloom here. Virgs is a good lad and a Brighton boy and I wish him all the best - both for his contrbution for the past two seasons and for swelling the club's bank nalance considerably.

:clap2: :clap2:

doaln's at orient

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I cannot f***ing believe it.

My heart has sunk.

I can't deny £1.5mil isn't a good deal but this really hurts. His value isn't just in skill and ability, it is in pure blood, sweat and tears for our club. Our club is his club, or at least it was.

Can't blame anyone at all and I'm not even angry I'm just really miserable.

This is a sad day for our club.

I wish Virgs all the best for the future with a lump in my throat

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
dolans also cack!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Albion Rob said:
Did he go? I thought we still had him? Oh well, ho hum.

definenelty went to orient

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
hampden park said:
with a crisp fiver:p

a crisp fiver sounds nice, 2 more beers!!! lovely jubbly! and someone owes me a bag of spuds, party all round, wooohoo!!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is an unbelievable amount of cash for Virgs - and with it all coming up-front in a lump sum as well. Incredible, especially as the fella played out of position for most of last season. Have to say, if I were a Celtic fan, splashing £1.5m on a relatively unknown defender-come-striker from a struggling Championship side would have my eyebrows SHOOTING up my forehead. In fact, I'd be peeling them off the ceiling.

Cheers Virgs - you're an Albion legend who will NEVER be forgotton for That Goal that got us to Cardiff.

Now come on Dickie boy...give Mark some pocket money.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Easy 10 said:
That is an unbelievable amount of cash for Virgs - and with it all coming up-front in a lump sum as well. Incredible, especially as the fella played out of position for most of last season. Have to say, if I were a Celtic fan, splashing £1.5m on a relatively unknown defender-come-striker from a struggling Championship side would have my eyebrows SHOOTING up my forehead. In fact, I'd be peeling them off the ceiling.

Cheers Virgs - you're an Albion legend who will NEVER be forgotton for That Goal that got us to Cardiff.

absolutely spot on. good if your a rangers fan aswell.:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:

There's a Celtic fan asking about him on brightonfans right now

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Easy 10 said:

Thats the key to whether we stay in the Championship....selling our better players for good money only makes sense if some of the money is reinvested in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here