Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo has gone to Celtic!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know if this reflects something about our future or not but I was hoping that Virgo and the other youth products would form a big part of the first team to lead us out at Falmer.

That said, being the new Crewe compared to our more recent dark past isn't the worst thing in the world and if we can't make the money through the turnstiles what else can we do?.

Good business at the end of the day for a club like us.

Brighton Boy said:
Esactly i think people will be suprised about what he get for harding!!!!!!

Mcghee is very asture and i expect our club to be stronger for this sale!!!!!!!!!!!

You should believe us cos we will always know before u

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

One of your mates knows someone in the club and now you are inside McGhee's and DK's minds.

Pride cometh before a fall!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Happy Seagull said:
WTF would we do that? We just lost one of our most commited players :nono:

But the club is safe and for the first time in god knows we have a biit of money to spend.........And its good for virgs....champions league football!!!!

And its good our youth policy can come up with 1.5 million players......

And Hammond,Hinsh,Robinson could all follow suit for substantial amounts of money

Dandyman

In London village.
Club have now confirmed

@Albion have accepted a 1.5m bid from Celtic for Adam Virgo. The transfer is subject to Adam agreeing personal terms with Celticand passing a medical@

On the positive side it's money in the bank (which may keep us up) and we may get to sash it up at Parkhead in pre - season game next year.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
The Great Cornholio said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

One of your mates knows someone in the club and now you are inside McGhee's and DK's minds.

Pride cometh before a fall!

Didnt say that but it seems people on here are always likely to believe people with thousands of posts and take the piss out the newbies!!!!!!!

with the exception of the LEGENDS.......(YORKIE)

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Dandyman said:
Club have now confirmed

@Albion have accepted a 1.5m bid from Celtic for Adam Virgo. The transfer is subject to Adam agreeing personal terms with Celticand passing a medical@

On the positive side it's money in the bank (which may keep us up) and we may get to sash it up at Parkhead in pre - season game next year.

shows wot a state celtic r in tho to be buying him, hes a fine player for us but cant see him cutting it in a celtic shirt, good luck to the bloke tho.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Virgo did not change his squad number.

Hammond and Hinsehlwood did.

McGhee planned this.

Last edited:

Brighton Boy said:
Didnt say that but it seems people on here are always likely to believe people with thousands of posts and take the piss out the newbies!!!!!!!

So how does your "mate" know the exact details of the conversation between DK and MM? Bearing in mind that when clubs knew we had £250k to spend, all players we were after had price tags of £250k. Hardly likely to be public knowledge how much he has to spend.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brighton Boy said:

To be fair I did get it confirmed elsewhere though

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
The Great Cornholio said:
So how does your "mate" know the exact details of the conversation between DK and MM? Bearing in mind that when clubs knew we had £250k to spend, all players we were after had price tags of £250k. Hardly likely to be public knowledge how much he has to spend.

Not all the players had price tags of £250,000.......

just what was in the press or on here

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
he aint obviously committed to loyalty, anyway that is top money for him.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.Brighton....or ....Celtic, champions league football and pretty much guaranteed silverware every year in front of 50000 crowds.........of course hes done the right thing:wave:

Good luck Virgs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Grunty said:
I heard yesterday that he had gone to Southampton!

I asked Mcgee at Worthing about this and he said ' No way'

hope Virgo stays.....

And I heard you!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bakesy said:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.Brighton....or ....Celtic, champions league football and pretty much guaranteed silverware every year in front of 50000 crowds.........of course hes done the right thing:wave:

Good luck Virgs.

exacrtly - i dont blame him for leaving at all

along with a chance to enhance his international potential with scotland

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From the official site

The £1.5million transfer is an all-cash deal, with no appearance or other performance-related conditions. The transfer is subject to the player agreeing personal terms with Celtic and passing a medical at his prospective new club.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
samparish said:
Now it's all confirmed, I don't suppose Ronnie would like to reveal his source?

no sorry, just glad the truth came out and people have stopped moaning.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
From the official site

The £1.5million transfer is an all-cash deal, with no appearance or other performance-related conditions. The transfer is subject to the player agreeing personal terms with Celtic and passing a medical at his prospective new club.

we should;ve got some clauses in there - like internationals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here