Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo gone - official

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I like Virgo and as others have said he has been a great servant to the club but if we are to believe reports of the wage he commands I believe we can get much better players at this level.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't like to say it at the time, but he didn't seem very happy with Poyet at the sponsors' evening. Though this may be just because he knew he was going.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really a shock seeing as how he has hardly been a regular under Poyet. Shame for him because he seems to Brighton through and through. Onwards and upwards though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A pity but not a shock. That 119th minute goal against Swindon is ingrained in the great history of the club.

Sadly, I genuinely think he paid for openly coming out in the press and slagging off Slade after he was sacked. I honestly think that Poyet took this into account when he took the captaincy off him.

Still, a real sign of intent from Poyet...

Indeed.
You'd have thought Poyet would have given him the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't you.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
:(

Harsh on Virgs as he is a genuinely really nice lad and brighton through and through, but as Poyet has already proved, that means nothing if your not good enough for the team. And rightly so in my opinion. Thanks AGAIN for THAT goal. :clap:

It is harsh on Virgo, but the good thing about fresh faced manager like Poyet, unlike say, recently under Adams, is that hopefully the "jobs for the boys" attitude is no longer at the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess the up side of having a managerial revolving door policy, for these guys, is at least there's plenty of places we can re-home them too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think we see here a manager like Poyet who has a different set of principles to some of his predecessors. Clearly he feels that sentiment and success are not normally a good pairing. I think that Kuipers could go too and like others, he won't be the only one. Hart will go too. Shame for Kuipers as he would have had a testimonial next season.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I will miss his defending, cos he was better than elphick and tunnicliffe at times and certainly had no help from elthick and saved his bacon sometimes this season. I can understand how he may feel a little hard done by cos after losing his place when he came back i thought he looked and played pretty good, he`d lost weight and looked to be trying but his stupid sending offs, his lack of passing prowess and hefty wages have put paid to him.

At least he conducted himself in the proper manner when obviously aggrieved, unlike some! and wish him all the best, they`ll sign worse players whoever he ends up with.
he is a genuine guy too, not a boozer as someone suggested on here, and cant thank him enough for the best withdean moment we`ll ever have against swindon, it was the most awesome night wasnt it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Farewell Adam, thanks for the memories :bigwave:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sad for Adam, but you have to trust Gus on this one.

I think Virg's decent performances this season will make him an attractive prospect for any team at this level and I wish him every success for the future. No-one will ever forget "that goal" and for that reason alone he will be sadly missed.

Good luck Adam and all the best for the future.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gus has said that the bar will be set high for next season, so it's refreshing to see a manager with a no nonsense attitude and no emotional ties to the players making the tough decisions, clinically. :clap:

Feb 14, 2010
Niky Foster, Dean Cox, Adam Virgo. All three a part of a failing squad. Forster with is attitude problem had to go, Cox we hear had a mouth and Virgo just couldn't control a football. Poyet is rightly clearing the decks and now he has to buy well.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sad for Adam, but you have to trust Gus on this one.

I think Virg's decent performances this season will make him an attractive prospect for any team at this level and I wish him every success for the future. No-one will ever forget "that goal" and for that reason alone he will be sadly missed.

Good luck Adam and all the best for the future.

I was going to write something - but that sums it for me.

Cheers Adam.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks Virgs , maybe there will be a phone call from the Midlands shortly.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Niky Foster, Dean Cox, Adam Virgo. All three a part of a failing squad. Forster with is attitude problem had to go, Cox we hear had a mouth and Virgo just couldn't control a football. Poyet is rightly clearing the decks and now he has to buy well.

Up until Gus arrived these have been first team regulars over the last couple of seasons and we have been nothing better than bottom third of league 1. Sorry to see them go and thanks Adam for the goal against Swindon but time to move on...looks like its going to be an exciting summer!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here