Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo 2nd yellow

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He won the ball but took the player with him - deemed a yellow card by Dickface Gallagher :censored: :censored:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Gallagher deemed it a "Reckless Challenge"

Although Virgs won the ball cleanly, I think [and I stand to be corected] that with a "Reckless Challenge" it is the intent that is punished and not what actually happened

Any refs on here care to confirm?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I just saw the incident on sky an cannot believe that he got sent off.

Ok he has run 10 or so yards to get the ball, which he wins cleanly and its only his momentum that causes the contact.

I thought Gallacher couldn't wait to send him off. The first booking i thought was harsh and could of just done with a warning as it was about the first real challenge of the game.

What ever happened to common sense?:angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You could sort of tell it was reckless by the way the ball flew deep into the Albion half, which was in completely the wrong direction to where it would have gone as a result of a non-reckless challenge. Don't think he actually cared where it went IMHO so long as he got the man. Maybe time young Adam was gently fined now and again cos he does appear to have a bit of an attitude problem and having players suspended on a rotation system doesn't do us any favours.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tom Hark said:
You could sort of tell it was reckless by the way the ball flew deep into the Albion half, which was in completely the wrong direction to where it would have gone as a result of a non-reckless challenge. Don't think he actually cared where it went IMHO so long as he got the man. Maybe time young Adam was gently fined now and again cos he does appear to have a bit of an attitude problem and having players suspended on a rotation system doesn't do us any favours.

Let's watch it at 10.30 on I.T.V. tomorrow. As I think he did nothing wrong.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Tom Hark said:

But he won the ball fair and square. Hard challenge yes, reckless no. Thats my opinion anyway.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
seen it on sky and he definatly won the ball but you knew the way gallagher ran over virgs was in trouble and was always gonna be a problem getting booked so early in the game

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Brought it upon himself in a way with the silly booking early on, but it looked as if he played the ball first, then possibly caught the defender on the follow-through. Agressive, strong - yes, but a booking, even a foul?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They even said on sky sports news it was a harsh booking.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
Reckless and stupid completly let ghis mates down but they got out of jail with their increased effort. Well done to them but no thanks to Virgo.
Snipe, snipe, snipe. You are 100% wrong.

Just seen it on Sky, and it's as I remember it. He won the ball. In fact, he didn't even 'win' the ball, there was no other challenge until after he hoofed it back into our half. The momentum of hoofing the ball meant that the Sunderland fella fell over on Virgo's follow through. Never a free kick, never a yellow card. Obscenely and embarrassingly bad decision.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BensGrandad said:
Reckless and stupid completly let ghis mates down but they got out of jail with their increased effort. Well done to them but no thanks to Virgo.
no way in my eyes and im sure in there's has virgs let his team mates down :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
clippedgull said:
Virgs was reckless.

It was a hard challenge from behind.

What game were you at?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here