Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The upshot of that blog is that they'll only consider selling if there's a ridiculous offer, the agent thinks £2.5 to £3M is a sensible price. The word "fantsoenlijk" is a spelling mistake, they meant "fatsoenlijk" which means decent, or respectful in this case.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
When you consider the Marseille captain went for 6 million to Newcastle, 3 million does start to look steep for a young prospect playing for an average team in the Dutch league.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yep - certainly not getting the positive noises that we were a couple of days ago...

I read that quite positively.. They want an improved bid, going from £2m to £2.5m which is not a big jump for a player of his quality, I am sure if we we're willing at £2m another £0.5m might be in our reach. They mention that other teams, presumably Everton, Sunderland et al, all have decent (ish) centre-backs, so would he get game time? The likelihood is, if he went to Brighton is that he would start many games. And he could end up in the Premiership with us...

Glass half full man :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would appear there is a shortfall of £500,000 between the clubs. It seems to me that the Dutch have more to lose than us. We have the second best defensive record in the division. If we get promoted then we will be able to afford more expensive players in the summer because of the Prem cash that comes with promotion. If the bloke wants first team football he might not get it in the Prem.

If I was Bloom I'd sit tight, but look to offload Dobbie in case we need an extra chunk of cash to seal the deal.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
FCGroningenBlog.nl

It remains unsettled around the person Virgil van Dijk. Brighton did before an attempt to get to England central defender, but FC Groningen bid quickly wiped the table. However, according to the will Brighton zaawaarnemer Van Dijk-soon with an improved discussed. In addition, several clubs interested in the services of Van Dijk. If it is Hans Nijland, remains Virgil van Dijk just at FC Groningen. As you can read in the paper version of the Football Internatonal.
Hans Nijland: "These people (Brighton) have called us fantsoenlijk and indeed a bid. We thank them, but the offer firmly beside us down. We have the manager of Van Dijk immediately announced that it furthermore makes no sense. We let Virgil do not go, or there really something strange happen. A mad bid where the prudential totally irresponsible to say no to say. But I do not expect. Moreover, we are not so strong that we are sporting a key player as Virgil can let go. "
The agent of Van Dijk, Martin Henk Chin, understands this setup, but excludes an interim departure of the 21-year-old Van Dijk not matter: "I think 2.5 to three million pounds (three to 3.6 million euros) a real amount. There are five Premier League clubs that Van Dijk high on their list already. The question is what this week at these clubs going to happen. Going there defenders away? What are their other options? For Virgil is especially important that he plays. But that can also in Groningen, where he also teaches. Its development is more important than the first train that comes. We're peaceful view. "
According to Chin Brighton would be a good club for Van Dijk: "Brighton is not playing in the top, but the chance of playing there for Virgil big. Then he can gradually get used to the level. At his age he should make minutes. His style of play fits with the English league. I'm not crazy combination. " Brigton stands eighth in the Championship and will this year's playoffs and promotion to the Premier League edit set.

How ruud of us! :eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, It looks like we jumped in quickly and tried to prize him away, hoping he wasn't on anyone else's radar. Looks like that was a forlorn hope.

We need some f*** off big croatian centre back

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Basically that means we've contaced Groningen in a proper way. Not sure why he says that.
Brighton sill is the only team who made a serious offer for Van Dijk.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Basically that means we've contaced Groningen in a proper way. Not sure why he says that.
Brighton sill is the only team who made a serious offer for Van Dijk.

Do you think this deal will happen out of interest?

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/234637/FC-Groningen-legt-bod-op-Van-Dijk-gedecideerd-terzijde.htm

I get the impression this is Groningen's attempt at a playing poker, but it all sounds a little less optimistic (based on the translation speedily provided by my Dutch wife, but she's more interested in the Great British Bake Off than The Great Big Dutch Defender)

Google Translation is:

FC Groningen submits bid for Van Dijk resolutely aside

A move to England seemed to Virgil van Dijk only a matter of time, but when it starts to FC Groningen is the defender this winter. Despite interest include Brighton & Hove Albion for the 21-year-old Van Dijk is the club of the Groningers not intend to work on an interim departure.

"These people have called us decent and indeed made ​​an offer," says Managing Director Hans Nijland's interest Brighton. "We thank them, but the offer firmly beside us down. Moreover, we are not so strong that we are sporting a key player as Virgil can let go. "

"We immediately his agent said that it furthermore makes no sense. We show Van Dijk not go, or there really something strange happening, "continues Nijland. "For example, an insane bid where the prudential totally irresponsible to say no to say. But I do not expect. "

Henk Chin-Martin, the representative of the central defender, understands the development of Nijland, but is to exclude any premature transfer. "I think 2.5 to three million pounds a real amount," said Chin in international football on Van Dijk, who according to him on the list of five clubs from the Premier League is.

"For Virgil, it is important that he plays. This is of course in Groningen, because he also teaches, "continues the agent. "His development is more important than the first train that comes. We're so quiet view. "

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/234637/FC-Groningen-legt-bod-op-Van-Dijk-gedecideerd-terzijde.htm

I get the impression this is Groningen's attempt at a playing poker, but it all sounds a little less optimistic (based on the translation speedily provided by my Dutch wife, but she's more interested in the Great British Bake Off than The Great Big Dutch Defender)

Google Translation is:

FC Groningen submits bid for Van Dijk resolutely aside

A move to England seemed to Virgil van Dijk only a matter of time, but when it starts to FC Groningen is the defender this winter. Despite interest include Brighton & Hove Albion for the 21-year-old Van Dijk is the club of the Groningers not intend to work on an interim departure.

"These people have called us decent and indeed made ​​an offer," says Managing Director Hans Nijland's interest Brighton. "We thank them, but the offer firmly beside us down. Moreover, we are not so strong that we are sporting a key player as Virgil can let go. "

"We immediately his agent said that it furthermore makes no sense. We show Van Dijk not go, or there really something strange happening, "continues Nijland. "For example, an insane bid where the prudential totally irresponsible to say no to say. But I do not expect. "

Henk Chin-Martin, the representative of the central defender, understands the development of Nijland, but is to exclude any premature transfer. "I think 2.5 to three million pounds a real amount," said Chin in international football on Van Dijk, who according to him on the list of five clubs from the Premier League is.

"For Virgil, it is important that he plays. This is of course in Groningen, because he also teaches, "continues the agent. "His development is more important than the first train that comes. We're so quiet view. "

That's all Double Dutch to me.....

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Ik heb het hier duidelijk gemaakt dat ik Nederlands spreek en heb de inhoud van het blog vertaalt maar als jullie niet kunnen lezen kan ik verder niet helpen. Mijneer zijn vrouw spreekt Nederlands maar jullie kunnen blijkbaar geen Engels!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Ik heb het hier duidelijk gemaakt dat ik Nederlands spreek en heb de inhoud van het blog vertaalt maar als jullie niet kunnen lezen kan ik verder niet helpen. Mijneer zijn vrouw spreekt Nederlands maar jullie kunnen blijkbaar geen Engels!

I made ​​it clear that I speak Dutch and have the contents of the blog translates but if you can not read, I can not help further. Mijneer his wife speaks Dutch but you apparently can not speak English!

What's that all about?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I made ​​it clear that I speak Dutch and have the contents of the blog translates but if you can not read, I can not help further. Mijneer his wife speaks Dutch but you apparently can not speak English!

What's that all about?

Just wondered if someone would bother to translate it, apparently...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here