Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
without having to read all the threads, can someone in a nutshell just sum ups whats happened, sort of ignored this thread today!

D

Deleted member 18477

This is his FIFA card, better than all of our Current CB's -
d14a1e1a18f0d3804230f13b6becd37d.png

I signed this lad on FIFA 2012. He was quality on FIFA so.....

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Lets face it, if we have gone to the lengths of watching/scouting him and then put a 2 million quid offer in I doubt we would simply just walk away from the 1st knock back... This is all normal and I could see us pushing the boat out here up to 3 million if we really think that much of him....... WOW though amazing to think we are even talking of these numbers for any player let alone a Defender.....

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Lets face it, if we have gone to the lengths of watching/scouting him and then put a 2 million quid offer in I doubt we would simply just walk away from the 1st knock back... This is all normal and I could see us pushing the boat out here up to 3 million if we really think that much of him....... WOW though amazing to think we are even talking of these numbers for any player let alone a Defender.....

Makes you wonder who's off for big money.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Our bold interest will also smoke out any alledged interested Prem teams to make their move. If they don't then FC Gronigen will have to seriously consider our offer or counter offer.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
It is unbelievable to think that we have just paid £3million + on ulloa, and then look to bring in a player who would cost about the same if not more! Think the wealth of TB is starting to become clear.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
This has probably been mentioned before but does anyone think the rumours around us bidding 2 or 3 million for players has anything to do with the financial fair play rules coming in next year? Is TB injecting some money now while he still can? All these big bids seem to have come out of the blue a bit..

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
All very different to other January transfer windows.... Obviously they see we have a good shot this year and are now pushing the boat out......

He says he wants to keep the liks of CMS etc so strengthening is key...interesting times ahead..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is FUN.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
This has probably been mentioned before but does anyone think the rumours around us bidding 2 or 3 million for players has anything to do with the financial fair play rules coming in next year? Is TB injecting some money now while he still can? All these big bids seem to have come out of the blue a bit..

Good point, and one that i think might just be the case.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I wonder if the fee for Ulloa and the fee for a centre half has been included in our £8m loss this year? If so, it doesnt make the loss so bad. If it isnt and no player departs for big money then that £8m creeps up to neaer £13m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here