Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I understood that Van Dijk is interested in moving to Brighton. Very talented defender, he has been linked with big Dutch teams like PSV eindhoven.
Still he would need some time to adept to the English football. Roland Bergkamp was also considered being a big prospect, but went to see him play few times now he's on loan at VVV, he's just not good enough.
Van Dijk won't be a regular starter at a team like Everton at the moment, but at Championship level he will be great. In two years he could develop into a very good premier league defender. But will need some time...

He may be interested but we simply cannot afford what his asking price is.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
What a signing that would be, he looks absolutely class and only 21

Assists: Bruno:5, Bridcutt:5, Orlandi:4, Buckley:3, Barnes:3, Dicker:2, Lualua:2, David:2, Mackail-Smith:1, Calderon:1, Bridge:1.

off topic but your signature is incorrect ...

you have 39 goals but only 29 assists !! Also your assists are slightly wrong as well ...

Assists : Bruno:7, Buckley:4, Barnes:4, Bridcutt:3, Mackail-Smith:3, Orlandi:3, LuaLua:2,Crofts:2, Calderon:2, David:2, Bridge:1, Dobbie:1,Hammond:1,Hoskins:1, Greer:1, Dicker:1, Noone:1

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I understood that Van Dijk is interested in moving to Brighton. Very talented defender, he has been linked with big Dutch teams like PSV eindhoven.
Still he would need some time to adept to the English football. Roland Bergkamp was also considered being a big prospect, but went to see him play few times now he's on loan at VVV, he's just not good enough.
Van Dijk won't be a regular starter at a team like Everton at the moment, but at Championship level he will be great. In two years he could develop into a very good premier league defender. But will need some time...

Van Dijk played against Bergkamp for four minutes in a 0-0 draw between the two clubs recently. Van Dijk was MOM by some reports. Gronigen just sold a Serbian midfielder to Twente for £6 million plus so I do not envisage it is a club needing money.

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Van Dijk played against Bergkamp for four minutes in a 0-0 draw between the two clubs recently. Van Dijk was MOM by some reports. Gronigen just sold a Serbian midfielder to Twente for £6 million plus so I do not envisage it is a club needing money.

Groningen invested a lot of money in new players after the sold Tadic to Twente. Dutch teams don't have that much money, lots of debts. Transferprices are not as high as in England, but I guess they would still demand about 3 or 4 million, or maybe even more.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Well 5 million would put us out though if we had money to spare sounds like a good investment.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
off topic but your signature is incorrect ...

you have 39 goals but only 29 assists !! Also your assists are slightly wrong as well ...

Assists : Bruno:7, Buckley:4, Barnes:4, Bridcutt:3, Mackail-Smith:3, Orlandi:3, LuaLua:2,Crofts:2, Calderon:2, David:2, Bridge:1, Dobbie:1,Hammond:1,Hoskins:1, Greer:1, Dicker:1, Noone:1

It's hard to get assists because all the websites have different stats so the only way to get it 100% right is if I watched every single games highlights which I don't really want to do. To answer your point about more goals than points, not every goal has an assist like like penalties, direct free kicks or goals like Maccas vs Charlton...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It's a question of whether or not Groningen are bluffing about the 5 million. It could be they aren't expecting that amount but just want more than the initial bid. It'll need someone with a strong nerve to handle this. If only we had someone that was good at poker.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a question of whether or not Groningen are bluffing about the 5 million. It could be they aren't expecting that amount but just want more than the initial bid. It'll need someone with a strong nerve to handle this. If only we had someone that was good at poker.

:wink:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They should let us have him for 3 million Euros and insist on a cut of his next transfer. Could be worth even more to Gronigen in the end than an extra 2 million now.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I really like the sound of this player, would LOVE IT if we could steal him over our way!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Edit: Wrong thread!!

Edit Edit: I am getting so confused with the amount of duplicate threads today... what's going on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here