Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is turning into one hell of a poker game, who's gonna blink first? I know where my money would be

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

This is turning into one hell of a poker game, who's gonna blink first? I know where my money would be

The ball is entirely within Gronigen's court, we're the ones that are desperate for this to happen. They just have to say no and sit back for bids in the Summer. I am currently giving this one a 1/10 chance of happening on the transfer scale.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It may be a tired old cliche from an ex manager but there are only about 36 hours to go before this game ends. Keep the Faith would be my advice :thumbsup:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cue Virgil submits written transfer request

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The ball is entirely within Gronigen's court, we're the ones that are desperate for this to happen. They just have to say no and sit back for bids in the Summer. I am currently giving this one a 1/10 chance of happening on the transfer scale.

If they are willing to keep an unhappy player, do not need the money and are confident of finding the form, without buying the new players this transfer fee will give them, to avoid relegation you could be right

I'm sticking with my opinion that they are bluffing, gut feeling no knowledge other than what I've seen on here though.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Dijk heads.

It's never wise to keep a player whose head has been turned by another club. If he really wants to go, it's in their interest to thrash out the best deal possible for both parties.

That said, I really don't think we should off more than £2.5m.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As I've said before, the Dutch can tend towards being damn good but very tough, hard-arsed negotiators. Never mind our little poker game tricks: they've been trading commodities like tulips, coffee and footballers for centuries.

The other side of that coin is that we definitely should not fixate either - I suspect we already have done so far too much already: this kid is not the only decent player out there. It's now time to walk away and see if they come chasing after us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Dijk heads.

It's never wise to keep a player whose head has been turned by another club. If he really wants to go, it's in their interest to thrash out the best deal possible for both parties.

That said, I really don't think we should off more than £2.5m.

Would you be saying that if Bridcutt announced tomorrow he wanted to go to (say) Norwich, out of interest?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can we have another thread or three? There is only one day left and so few rumours. ( Which is good in that nobody we want to keep is leaving)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here