Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah, I read what he said. We have come a long way in a very short space of and as you know, I am firmly in the where we are now camp, not look where we have come from. But I don't think we are quite in the position yet, to be buying players for £2.5 million and loaning them back until the end of the season.

Oh i am with you on that....just how good is this guy? The team is down the bottom? Are the rest crap?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
It was the looking wistful rather than the fact that he was clapping the crowd that made me think it. Like I said, he may just have been sad we lost (rightfully so), but I just have a feeling in my bones he's going.
I hope I'm wrong BTW as I rate him highly.

Probably regretting going down under a soft challenge rather than getting a strong header on target.

I hope he goes, great player but it just continues not to work out for him here.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Oh i am with you on that....just how good is this guy? The team is down the bottom? Are the rest crap?

Newcastle are near the bottom of the Premier League, but that wouldn't stop me being delighted if we signed Coloccini. I'm not saying VVD's as good as that, I just mean that not all struggling clubs necessarily have 11 (or even 10) crap players.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A big Dutch football website has tweeted this- "FC Groningen gaat deze transferperiode alleen nog iemand kopen als verdediger Virgil van Dijk vertrekt. #voetbalpings"

Doesn't translate very well but i think it means something along the lines of 'FC Groningen can't afford to buy anyone unless Virgil van Dijk leaves.'

If true sounds like Groningen blinking first.

Yesterday. We won't sell for anything less the £5m

Today. If we are going to strengthen we are may reluctantly have to sell.

Tomorrow. Sell, sell, sell!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Newcastle are near the bottom of the Premier League, but that wouldn't stop me being delighted if we signed Coloccini. I'm not saying VVD's as good as that, I just mean that not all struggling clubs necessarily have 11 (or even 10) crap players.

fair enough...i guess i was just throwing it out there....its always hard to judge how good a player is when he plays in another league for a team that doesnt get too much publicity

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Yep, looking good added with the fact his agent says he wants to join us. Fingers crossed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I think you're wishing, not thinking

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What's the shortcut for an 'n' with a tilda?

Do you have a keyboard with a num pad? Make sure the num lock is on, hold down Alt, type 164 and release Alt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here