Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Highlighting this, and pointing out how lame a reason to criticise Naylor it is (when there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise him) can only be done by naylor himself?
It's our job to take the piss out of Naylor even when, like you say, he's done nothing wrong.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
if I was a betting man, then based upon whats been said and tweeted, My money is staying in my pocket. I dont think he will be coming to us.

Shame.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's our job to take the piss out of Naylor even when, like you say, he's done nothing wrong.

But doesn't that dilute the genuine criticisms. If we start criticising him when there's nothing to criticise we become white noise. Like Withdean Wanderer's criticisms being ignored because he always moans, like mutts nuts and somerset, like Mr Burns criticising Ashley barnes. If you're constantly haranguing him, even when he doesn't deserve it, people start dismissing your legitimate complaints.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The only thing I would say is would Gus go out there if a fee hadn't been agreed ?

Obviously he had already seen and heard enough to make a bid in the first place so why would he waste his time going out there unless something in principle had been agreed or TB had agreed to meet the asking price with Gus ?

Otherwise I'd be in the don't think it will happen camp, but this one fact makes me think there is still something happening

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I normally trust Gus, but I'm concerned he's found his way into a coffee shop.

To meet Virgil?

I guess our chances hinge on whether Gus is still out there, pursuing the signing, or has come home. Does anyone know where Gus is today?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Tonny Post ‏@TonnyPost
trainer van Brighton en zaakwaarnemer van Van Dijk zaten in de rust in spelershome

Google Translate - Brighton coach and manager of Van Dijk were in the rest home in players.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I normally trust Gus, but I'm concerned he's found his way into a coffee shop.

with said footballer slumped in the corner smoking a spliff

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

The only thing I would say is would Gus go out there if a fee hadn't been agreed ?

Obviously he had already seen and heard enough to make a bid in the first place so why would he waste his time going out there unless something in principle had been agreed or TB had agreed to meet the asking price with Gus ?

Otherwise I'd be in the don't think it will happen camp, but this one fact makes me think there is still something happening

Perhaps going out to see whether its worth improving our offer?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Tonny Post ‏@TonnyPost
trainer van Brighton en zaakwaarnemer van Van Dijk zaten in de rust in spelershome

Google Translate - Brighton coach and manager of Van Dijk were in the rest home in players.

I did'nt realise he was that OLD

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tonny Post ‏@TonnyPost

Sounds like Gus is still out there?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Who is Tonny Post?

If indeed Poyet is meeting up with the players manager (is that team manager or players agent), then maybe there is something in this. Then again, anyone can tweet

Tonny Post ‏@TonnyPost

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Gus going out personally tells me he is trying the hypnosis act. Meet him personally, look into my eyes, explain our plans and how important he is, look into my eyes (not around my eyes), he's back in the room and BANG - transfer request. Cue negotiation, tony unfurls his majestic chequebook and chucks another €500k at the crazy Dutch. Jan 31st, about 6.15pm, he's holding up a shirt in front of the west stand. Job done.

Either way it's a blatant statement of intent. Could go either way but I like the positive, aggressive move.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Perhaps going out to see whether its worth improving our offer?

Possibly... Just would have thought when we had put in our original offer we would have had a limit in mind.

You are probably right and I'm clutching a straws but Gus going out there this close to the end of the window seems to me to be a positive sign.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Flying out there to get the job done. I love it.

Reminds me of the story I heard about Bamber flying out to meet Lawrenson while he was on holiday..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here