Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Naylor is reading NSC, cos hes just tweeted that he wouldnt be surprised if we made another bid for Virgil van Dijk now Greer is injured.
On the ball as usual
Naylor was fired by the Argus a couple of years ago, but he never told his wife. He gets ready every morning and heads off 'to work' in his mum's garage, where he tweets NSC gossip as his exclusives.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Spoke to a Dutch mate, Ajax season ticket holder who has seen us play a few times this season.

He says decent prospect but far from finished article and prone to the odd mistake. Should be premiership class in a couple of years. But won't improve the team that much in short term.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spoke to a Dutch mate, Ajax season ticket holder who has seen us play a few times this season.

He says decent prospect but far from finished article and prone to the odd mistake. Should be premiership class in a couple of years. But won't improve the team that much in short term.

Depends which team he's talking about. He'd definitely improve our team, even without Greer's injury.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

A CB who can run and win headers WILL improve our defence. I love Adam and Gordon but they have been exposed several times this season, also they could be getting complacent with no competition for their starting slot.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

How could he not improve the team? We have only 3 1st team CB's to start off with, 1 is injured, only 1 has been on form this season and the other has a unkown future.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Naylor is reading NSC, cos hes just tweeted that he wouldnt be surprised if we made another bid for Virgil van Dijk now Greer is injured.
On the ball as usual

I think we could all have come up with that without reading NSC!

And whether he came up with that himself or got it from NSC, why should he not tweet it or write it in the Argus? There are thousands of Albion supporters who do not read NSC, believe it or not!

Criticising AN is fair enough if you have grounds to, but don't invent criticisms for the sake of it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

And whether he came up with that himself or got it from NSC, why should he not tweet it or write it in the Argus? There are thousands of Albion supporters who do not read NSC, believe it or not!

Criticising AN is fair enough if you have grounds to, but don't invent criticisms for the sake of it.

Sorry Andy

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

And whether I came up with that myself or got it from NSC, why should I not tweet it or write it in the Argus? There are thousands of Albion supporters who do not read NSC, believe it or not!

Criticising me is fair enough if you have grounds to, but don't invent criticisms for the sake of it.

Corrected for you...

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Latest VVD tweet ... "Richting amsterdam"

So he's off to Amsterdam. Coffee with Gus or Ajax?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
VVD

Latest tweet, 'Destination Amsterdam'
Ajax or Schipol?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Translated to "Direction Amsterdam" - where our boss happens to be - my earlier post of Gus and Virgil meeting in a cafe in Amsterdam is very likely !!

Can any of our Dutch based NSC members check the thousands of cafes in Amsterdam ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

How strong is the Dutch league these days hav to admit I don't follow it much ..know about the top teams like Ajax etc ..but just wonder how competitive it is... Does he just look good in a poor league? Just asking

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ajax or Schipol?

Ajax have been scouring the World for a good defender and I can see them cleaning up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Ajax or Schipol?
So he's either meeting with us, or off to another club. Well that's cleared that up.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would be F.A.B to get him.

Sorry.

:rolleyes:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry Andy

Really? It's known we made a bid for a defender, and are considering whether to make another improved bid. One of our few remaining fit defenders gets injured. Drawing the conclusion that we will make another bid isn't some sort of NSC exclusive skill. Highlighting this, and pointing out how lame a reason to criticise Naylor it is (when there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise him) can only be done by naylor himself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here