Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincente travels to Leicester

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
People forget that's his first name too. Who else do we call by their first name?

I still don't understand how Javier Hernandez gets away with just his nickname "Chicharito" on his shirt!?!

Emile Heskey must be gutted he was never allowed his nickname "Useless f**king donkey" on his back.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thanks for the info judewri.

I think i'm gonna start refering to him as Rodney Vincent... because i'm stupid and it's easier to remember!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good info from the OP, especially in the context of him NOT travelling to Brizzle...

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
There are many Spanish, Brazilian or Latinamerican players who use their 2 names or their 2nd name and people in England tend to use that 2nd name as if it was their surname: José Enrique, Luis Fabiano or Ronaldo (Cristiano Ronaldo are his names, not surname).

I still don't understand how Javier Hernandez gets away with just his nickname "Chicharito" on his shirt!?!

Emile Heskey must be gutted he was never allowed his nickname "Useless f**king donkey" on his back.

Pele, Zico, Cafu, Kaka, Junior, Ronaldinho, Bebeto, Garrincha, ... Tons of footballers have used their nicknames, specially Brazilians.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
In England the players use their surnames on shirts, but in Spain is very usual to use their first name: Raúl, Xavi, Joaquín, Sergio, Pedro and tons more. In Brazil too (they use even their nicknames).

When he was at Arsenal on his shirt was Fabregas, but I am sure I saw him scoring the other day for Barcelona and the name on his shirt was Cesc.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Let's just call him VIC, a proper ENGLISH name.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Two players that Leicester tried and failed to get this summer were: Vicente and CMS. There is potential for deeply irritating Sven here...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Two players that Leicester tried and failed to get this summer were: Vicente and CMS. There is potential for deeply irritating Sven here...

Yeah, he should be jealous, a bit pissed off, and then if they have a bad day and we play to potential he could wake up unemployed!
But would it be the right decision for Martin O'Neil to go back there? Most of their fans want him, but it doesn't always work out.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
When he was at Arsenal on his shirt was Fabregas, but I am sure I saw him scoring the other day for Barcelona and the name on his shirt was Cesc.

No, he has 'Fàbregas'. He always has wanted to have 'Cesc' on his shirt but Arsenal didn't let him change it 2 years ago when he got #4 for shirt selling purposes and now at Barça he hasn't changed the name for the same reason I guess.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No, he has 'Fàbregas'. He always has wanted to have 'Cesc' on his shirt but Arsenal didn't let him change it 2 years ago when he got #4 for shirt selling purposes and now at Barça he hasn't changed the name for the same reason I guess.

Absolutely right - that's twice as many letters, and how much extra for the accent above the 'a'?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
with only 5 named subs on the bench we have made a clone of Vincelot and Vicente from their combined DNA :lol:

images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here