Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincente not fit again according to arsgas!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
In is refreshing to see you post a pragmatic view of the situation for a change without resorting to abuse at a player who for all any of us know does have a recurring credible injury issue. Nice one.
:lolol: couldn't've put it better myself. U.S is absolutely, head spinningly, obsessed :albion2:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I don't believe anything about team news in that paper. Just wait until 14:30 on match day :)

this, the last 4-6 weeks the noxious-bottom-wind printed that vicente would be starting.

bbranni

Jan 11, 2010
The whole saga is a right mess. At least with sicknotes such as Owen and Hargreeves it's a long term single injury while Vicente just gets the odd niggle every Wednesday, Thursday before a game.

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I was really hoping finally he would make an appearance this Saturday. Read earlier in the week that someone on nsc saw him at the virgin gym training and he appeared to be fit, thought maybe this would be the game where he comes on and shows us what he's still capable off. Still think he might have some value to Brighton. I hope so anyway.....

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I don't necessarily think that he is nailed on 'unfit' for Saturday as I don't believe that is what the Arsegas says (however poor their reporting and print is)

Would love to see him start and perform heroics for the first half and then go for a nice hot bath having left the game with us two up. He has been on the bench recently but GP could not play him under the developing circumstances in those matches.

We did not pay a whopping transfer fee for him and nobody knows what deal he is on so perhaps people should remember that before posting yet more vitriolic abuse.

SPOT ON. in my opinion anyway, hope he's still got something to contribute....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its just getting laugh out loud hilarious now. Thankfully we're not relying on him, and the emergence of JFC lately has helped bring some of that creativity in the middle we've been lacking so its not really hurting us. But struth.

I was at Ipswich for Vicente's wonder-goal, and nothing would delight me more this season than to see him on the pitch for us pulling the strings like he did v Leeds and Liverpool. But honestly, its got to the stage now where I just can't help but laugh when I see the next injury report on him. "He has a different kind of problem in his legs" :lolol:

Its got to the point of being a standing joke now.

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I think its just getting laugh out loud hilarious now. Thankfully we're not relying on him, and the emergence of JFC lately has helped bring some of that creativity in the middle we've been lacking so its not really hurting us. But struth.

I was at Ipswich for Vicente's wonder-goal, and nothing would delight me more this season than to see him on the pitch for us pulling the strings like he did v Leeds and Liverpool. But honestly, its got to the stage now where I just can't help but laugh when I see the next injury report on him. "He has a different kind of problem in his legs" :lolol:

Am I just in denial that he still might bring something to the club?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Am I just in denial that he still might bring something to the club?

I think you probably are sir.

The best I can hope for is that he's a "Brooker". One of those caterpillers that basically go into hiding for 4-5 months, but then emerge to spread their beautful wings when the sun comes out 3/4 of the way through the season and it all warms up a bit. Till then, Vicente will remain stubbornly student-like under his expansive duvet. With his leg problems.

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I think you probably are sir.

The best I can hope for is that he's a "Brooker". One of those caterpillers that basically go into hiding for 4-5 months, but then emerge to spread their beautful wings when the sun comes out 3/4 of the way through the season and it all warms up a bit. Till then, Vicente will remain stubbornly student-like under his expansive duvet. With his leg problems.

lol, so if Owen had signed (against all odds) what would you be saying? A vicente repeat?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
"I could have told you Vincent-e, BHA wasn't meant for one as beautiful as you."

starry spanish night
paint your colours blue and white
match-days fill you full of fright
and you wear gloves because it's really f***ing cold

nimby amex hills
sketchy fees and tapas bills
brought you here with all your skills
but knees what are right dodgy as f***

now i understand
that that you tried to play for me
how you suffered for your sign-on fee,
but they give no sympathy... vicente, soy aqui!

...they could not shut-up moaning, they cannot still
perhaps they'd prefer we sign barn-door blokes called bill?

(rousing finale)

AND I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU VICENT(E)... BHA was never meant for one as...

AND THEN THE GARY HART VERSE

DPM0395

Aug 11, 2011
London
I know it was only one game! BUT it was against Hull,maybe? an otherwise rubbish game,Vicente started,Velcro touch,making the futile,workman like endeavour of mckail-smith look very ordinary(and cms's work-rate is brilliant).Admittedly he's been injured for about 99 percent of our matches,or in the sun bed! and has been injured consistently for the past 6 years,BUT what a glorious player,I say show faith, maybe he will come good maybe not,his ability in and around the set up can only be good,owing to his amazing natural ability,touch and awareness.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Don't see how you can have "Vicente" and "standing" in the same sentence without it being a joke.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
starry spanish night
paint your colours blue and white
match-days fill you full of fright
and you wear gloves because it's really f***ing cold

nimby amex hills
sketchy fees and tapas bills
brought you here with all your skills
but knees what are right dodgy as f***

now i understand
that that you tried to play for me
how you suffered for your sign-on fee,
but they give no sympathy... vicente, soy aqui!

...they could not shut-up moaning, they cannot still
perhaps they'd prefer we sign barn-door blokes called bill?

(rousing finale)

AND I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU VICENT(E)... BHA was never meant for one as...

AND THEN THE GARY HART VERSE

Friggin hilarious ... take a bow

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Why are there so many getting upset about this player, when he signed it was known he had fitness problems, we paid zero, Poyet said it's not about money to come here, he's not a regular in the team so we've not missed anything, he's not stopped others breaking into the first 11, so why get worked up? If he does get fit then we have a problem, a good one, as the team is starting to come together after all the injuries and red cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here