Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villareal..................

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Are we going to have to suffer your self absorbed shit for another season? Really? You're so damn unfunny.

The trouble is he's convinced himself he is funny, supported by a few arse lickers on here with barely one brain cell between them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
12,000 in Amex seems soulless in atmosphere.

It was a friendly, there was never going to be a red hot atmosphere.

We lost to a probable Top 10 La Liga side, no shame there. Get Agustien and others involved (possibly by Tuesday) and work on the things we did wrong, and we'll be fine for Saturday.

D

Deleted member 18477

One thing I reckon is that we are now just a 'normal' side. Tikka takka is gone. Interesting to see how it pans out...

In that respect... Man Utd are a normal side... An attacking normal side who are one of the best on the counter attack...

Tikka takka isn't everything...

Jan 30, 2008
it was a friendly, there was never going to be a red hot atmosphere.

We lost to a probable top 10 la liga side, no shame there. Get agustien and others involved (possibly by tuesday) and work on the things we did wrong, and we'll be fine for saturday.
don't matter how many were in there still a sanitised atmosphere...................... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion ,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion :bla:

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
One thing I reckon is that we are now just a 'normal' side. Tikka takka is gone. Interesting to see how it pans out...
I'm not all that sad about that. It can be easy to nullify by pressing and marking the pivot (Bridcutt in our team), which can lead to quite terrible games of football. I'm not saying that we go back to route 1 football by the way.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Excellent work out against a very good side, enjoyed watching them play.

I know its early days for Chicksen but I do think we still need another left back though, missing Bridge already! Looking like we could be very reliant on Ulloa also so maybe another striker needed. Don't fancy CMS or Hoskins to do the difficult job he did tonight albeit against a very tough side.

Generally enjoyed the quicker tempo to our game in the first half but did think we looked a little weaker at the back which we will probably have to get used to. The second half was just a bit of a training exercise with 20 substitutions and I don't think you can pay much attention to it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They pressed us a lot and when they had the ball they used it well. We will not come up against that good in the Championship. Thing I noticed was the interchange of the 3 behind Ulloa, happened a lot more than last season and will get better with time.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It was only a friendly, admittedly, but for the first time for a while I thought we were comprehensively outplayed (and outclassed) tonight. In the seconfd half, in particular, there was only one team on the pitch.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

We looked uncomfortable with the ball more often than not. I was not impressed with the style, bit it's a friendly. We weren't at full mast, we don't need to panic. There is work to be done, that much is clear.

Was the football a bit more direct today under oscar????

Yes. Unquestionably. Kuszczak didn't even think twice about it, just kicked it long. Bridcutt kept playing the long sweeping balls too. Didn't work, as proven by the scoreline, but again, no need to read too much into it.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Going to be a long season if people are getting so concerned about defeat in a friendly against a very good side. Will not play a team of that quality in the championship this year. Always had concerns that the poyet saga hangover may mean some people will be quick to moan, not sure I figured it would be this quick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality showed in the end and very interesting to watch how the opposition warmed up pre-match.

Think if we had scored a 2nd early goal we may have won however it is warm up game so nothing is really learnt bar player fitness.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes. Unquestionably. Kuszczak didn't even think twice about it, just kicked it long. Bridcutt kept playing the long sweeping balls too. Didn't work, as proven by the scoreline, but again, no need to read too much into it.

It was mainly because Villareal pushed right up and there was no other option, he was definitely looking to work it out, but if it's not on, you 'ce little option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here